Chapter 38 - 『Say The Magic Word』

"Sect Leader Nie, we have arrived." A Nie disciple informs.

Nie Mingjue unmounts his horse, Alver doing the same and taking a bit more caution because of the veil covering his head and face.

"Don't talk until I explain everything to them." Nie Mingjue says for the nth time.

Alver just simply nods, too tired to fight back as Nie Huaisang stands beside the blonde.

"Don't worry Xi-gongzi. I'll try to calm Second Brother Lan when it comes to worse."

If that was meant to comfort him, well Alver just became more anxious.

"Can you tell me about this Second Brother Lan?" Alver whispers, wanting to gather information so that he'll know how to deal with him.

"Zewu-Jun is the next Sect Leader of Gusu Lan, and he's known for his warm and gentle nature unlike his younger brother's cold austere. Though gege says he's secretly a gremlin."

Alver just looks from afar before staring at Lanling Jin's Pavillion, his blue eyes shimmering under the sun's light.

"Thank you for the information."

Nie Huaisang just smiles at him.

"Sect Leader Nie is now entering!"

With that announcement, Nie Mingjue enters the Pavilion with an aura of nobility, Alver and Nie Huaisang mirroring his every move.

Looking around, Alver tried his best to not visibly flinch when he sees Jiang Fengmian sitting in his own seat with a serious look on his face. His wife, son and daughter, Madam Yu, Jiang Wanyin, and Jiang Yanli beside him.

Alver kept screaming profanities inside his head, since he wasn't informed that the whole Jiang family will be present at the meeting.

Nie Huaisang just looks at Alver, guiding the blonde's hand to hold the hem of his sleeve.

'This will be a bit problematic.'

As Alver stiffly sits down in his own seat, he tried his best to not earn suspicion where he failed at it apparently, considering that he's wearing a hat with a veil to cover his face.

"Let us start the meeting." Qingheng-jun says.

Jin Guangshan spoke first, "Sect Leader Jiang, what do you plan to do?"

Straight to the point. Alver's palms are already sweating at this time.

"Kill as many as we can, and retreat when we suffer a loss."

Alver could feel his sweat drop at Jiang Fengmian's words, knowing full well that the redhead would strangle him when the Sect Leader is acting rashly and likely to kill himself if the blonde won't get to stop him in time.

"Pardon my words, Sect Leader Jiang. But it's a bit risky, don't you think?" Qingheng-jun tries to reason, but they could all see that Jiang Fengmian isn't being swayed.

Alver looks at Nie Mingjue, which the latter just glared at him to stay still.

So Alver did, albeit annoyingly as he toys with his empty cup.

He could see all of them start to bicker, one side stopping Sect Leader Jiang and the other supporting him.

And amidst all of that, Nie Mingjue stayed silent.

Lan Xichen, noticing his unusual behavior, decided to call out Nie Mingjue.

"What do you think, Da-ge?"

Nie Mingjue hums, tapping his finger on his table.

"I have a proposal to make, if you would like to hear it."