Chapter 41 - 『Scars Leave Beautiful Trace』

"They are getting agitated."

The news of Wen Chao dying by the hands of Wei Xun And Chen Xi echoed throughout the cultivation world. Wen Ruohan must be slowly going insane with the loss of his two sons.

Cale hums, "As he should be."

Wen Ruohan touched something he shouldn't have laid his hands on.

Wen Qing then continued speaking beside him, "The Sect Leader asked every family branch of Qishan Wen to participate in the war."

Cale stops walking, glancing at the girl as he sighs.

"It seems that our plan will be a bit faster."

As his reddish-brown eyes became sharp, he looked at the back of the people in front of him.

"Teleport to Qinghe Nie tomorrow, make sure that you bring all of them." Cale says, giving Wen Qing teleportation talismans.

Wen Qing raises an eyebrow, "Won't Sect Leader Nie kill us the moment he sees our clothes?"

"Just show him my plaque, then he'll be convinced that you're an ally."

The girl looks at the back of the redhead, a newfound respect emanating from her as she sighs.

"As you wish."

Wen Qing disappears in a blink of an eye as Alver stares.

"We're near." The blonde informs, making Cale simply hums.

As they all enter Lanling Jin, Cale could feel various eyes looking at their way.

They have finally come back.

"A-Xun! A-Xian!"

As Jiang Yanli yells, Cale couldn't help but smile at the sight of them safe.

"Shijie."

"Shijie! Xianxian missed you sooooooo much!"

As Wei Ying rubs his cheeks against Jiang Yanli's head like a dog, Jiang Fengmian went close to where the redhead is.

Cale was sure that he saw the old man glare at Alver who was beside him before smiling softly at the redhead, the blonde backing away to give them space.

"A-Xun."

He blinks before nodding, "Sect Leader Jiang, I'm glad to see you are all safe."

The look on Cale's eyes became fond as he sees the entire Jiangs in one piece.

Jiang Fengmian suddenly pulls him into a hug, surprising him as he let out a small gasp.

"I'm glad you're alive, A-Xun."

Oh.

Cale's heart thumped, an unknown emotion swirling as he kept his mouth shut.

"Mn." He hums, slowly returning the hug with trembling arms.

He could also feel a hand caressing his hair softly as he peeked at the person who was doing it.

It was Yu Ziyuan with a tired look on her face.

"It's good to have you back, Wei Xun."

Cale continued to hum, basking in the warmth he's feeling.

"What happened to your hair?" Jiang Fengmian curiously asks after he let go from the hug.

As the man twirls the black-red hair in his fingers, Cale just simply shrugs.

"Dunno, I just woke up with it suddenly."

Before they could further question him, Jin Guangshan intervened.

"I have just received a report that Wen Ruohan is starting to move."