Chapter 30

How do you let go of something you've held on to for years? Our marriage was on the rocks, anyway, but that doesn't mean there wasn't anymore love left in our cup of marriage

How do you let go of something you've held on to for years? Our marriage was on the rocks, anyway, but that doesn't mean there wasn't anymore love left in our cup of marriage. We still had that flavor. We were fine.

Safari will be hurt when she hears that Mommy and Daddy aren't staying together. That means two homes for her and two different living situations. I hate this for her because this could have her act out and she's a sweet little girl.

I just want my little girl out of all this. Out of all the girls in my life, she's been the one that's had my heart on lock so far. If I lost her, my world would fall apart and it's just got back under construction since she's been born. I don't want her out of my life.

"Oooh! I got it! They messed y'all up, right? So why not just mess them up?!" Cass suggests while we sit in their suite, contemplating our lives.

We just told them what was going on in our marriages and you can only guess who was the first person to go off. Ryker's 'I told you so', Cam's sorries and condolences, Cass' search to avenge her best friend, and Darian's head shake to all the foolishness going around.

Now, we're here, listening to everybody come up with ideas on how to leave our spouses. Almost everybody, in here, is suddenly an expert in marriages. We got a bunch of marriage therapists in here.

"Cass, how the hell are they gonna do that? They got too much to worry about already. I say continue to act like y'all don't know shit. The moment the plane lands back home, pull out the papers. They won't even see it coming," Darian finally adds to the conversation, not making things any easier.

Divorce is not the goal here. We have to get the court involved, families will be split up, and Kyra runs away with everything because she makes the most money. Screw the money, for me. I just want to keep my child.

"Well, hate to tell y'all this but, uh...NIGGA! We definitely told you so! We told you that monster ain't shit. We said that you were nothing but a piece of meat to her. That's exactly what we said. I say we all leave right now and forget about they asses. Matter of fact, when we get to the house, we can get you into a strip club and get you some fine-"

And that's when Darian grips Ryker by his dick and pulls him to the couch while he's whimpering in pain. Kyra knows better than to do all of that to me.

Oh wait, I don't think I'd have to worry about that any longer.

"You know, Tripp? All these ideas don't sound too bad..." Cam enters the conversation while still thinking of something.

My eyes are too busy focusing on Journee, who is sitting by the kitchen island with her hands on either side of her forehead. She seems stressed about this entire situation and, as much as I need to help myself, all I want to do is make her feel better.

Let's just face facts here. There's still a few feelings there for her. They haven't all vanished but there's just no reason to act on them.

Just because our spouses cheated on us, with each other, doesn't mean that she won't go back to hers. He's a pretty confident man with larger pockets than I'll ever have. She may want to stay with all of that.

And my feelings may change with Kyra. They changed before and I've got the heart of a Care Bear. I'll forgive somebody in an instant. I forgave Pops, Ryker, and even Kyra when she cheated the first time in our marriage.

That's a story for another day.

"Continue, baby. What are you thinking about?" Cass asks as she makes herself comfortable in Cam's arms. I only crave that same touch, that same love that Cass and Cam show each other, that warmth between two bodies with beating hearts that race the moment that they touch.

That's exactly what I want. I don't want to be the only one in love this time. Yeah, I absolutely believe that there's still love out there for me. I haven't seen that in Kyra since the moment she chose to do this reality show so, there's probably somebody else.

Let's not forget that I'm still in my prime. I'm about to hit 40, not 80. I still got time to find that kind of love in my life. I still have time to find that passionate love, that peaceful love, that patient type of love; a love that's not rushed or boastful but pure and tranquil.

"Well, they messed with them, so there's a way to return that same energy without causing commotion, leaving early, and keeping them out of the loop. That strip club idea can be saved for another day."

"We're listening, Cam," Darian confirms.

"It's obvious that Journee and Tripp still have a strong connection, whether they want to admit it or not. It could be platonic or romantic but there's a connection and they can't deny that..."

I look over at Journee and she's about to say something until Ryker interrupts her with "Get to the point, Sherlock."

"What I'm trying to say is we can all still have a good time as couples..."

"Are you saying that Journee and Tripp should be a couple...again?" Darian asks as I keep my eye on Journee. Her facial expressions are a clear indication that she is not interested in this idea.

"Well, not exactly. They can just continue as friends while on the trip. Anyway, we leave about a day early and their spouses wouldn't know a thing. It won't be as heartbreaking if you guys decide to get divorces because you'll both have each other-"

"We have no choice but to have each other. We have a kid together, remember?" Journee says in such a rude way. Her disgusted look lets me know that she doesn't want to make this work and this is why I don't act on my feelings.

Everyone sits in silence, for a while, before busting out in laughter. There's no way that Journee and I can have a romantic relationship anyway. We agreed to a strict kid-only communication agreement. The only reason that agreement was partially broken was because of our spouses bumping uglies. That was it.

"I think it's actually a good idea, babe," Cass agrees and she turns to Journee with a loving look in her eyes.

"Now that I think about it, you're right, Cam. This could improve their relationship for the sake of their child and other children..." Darian adds as she looks over at Journee too. She gives her this matter-of-fact face and Journee's face falls instantly.

"Hell, it's better than my boy being with that beast who thinks she's got beauty. Somebody lied to her in that fake ass Hollywood," Ryker said to finish off the three thumbs up.

I shake my head in denial and look over at Journee who slightly bites her lip in curiosity. I have no problem with this but it breaks that agreement we set. If Journee is down for it, that's all that matters.

"Aye, we'll be like the Three Musketeers again! It'll be like the old days! We can make the most out of this shit! Come on, J," Ryker says as we all look over at her again.

At this point, she's tuned out. She's focused on her phone, probably messaging Davin again. They could be working it out because she's pretty forgiving.

"J, what do you think? Do you want to try again with Tripp? You guys can just be friends," Cass says, walking over to Journee and getting her attention.

Once Cass pats J on the back, we hear Angie, on speaker, screaming "YES! SHE WANTS TO DO IT! Do it, bitch! You've been-"

Now why did J hang up on Angie? What was she about to say that J didn't want us to hear?

Ultimately, with a little more persuasion, she agrees.

I guess it's really time to put our differences aside.