Chapter 18

"Whatever you got to say, keep that shit

"Whatever you got to say, keep that shit. I don't wanna hear it nor do I got something to say about it, Cam."

"Well, I still do, so this is a good time for you to sit there and listen. What the fuck was that about, Tripp?"

"Cam, in Tripp's defense, it was all in the matter of good, clean, wholesome fun. You can't blame him for just playing the game. It was an accident."

After what went down on the beach, Cass helped that bozo back to his condo and Cam caught up to Ryke and me. He followed us to Ryke's condo, arguing with us along the way.

We been at it for 20 minutes.

"Yeah right. 'Wholesome fun', my ass! You did that on purpose and for what? Because he was speaking facts? Because he wants to be your friend too?"

"Hold the hell on. He sure didn't act like he wanted to be around us. We all friends and we don't call each other out the way he did. If we do, it ain't disrespectful like he did," Ryker says, defending me.

"Plus, you put your stamp of approval on his words. Ain't shit funny about that, man. Go on with all that superhero shit," I say rubbing my face. I'm over all this arguing.

"For real, man? That shit you pulled out there was something else. Now, I can see Ryker being that petty but you're a different story. What's gotten into you? You been around Ryker way too long-"

"Aye, we can say the same about you. Up there with them white folk, touching wine glasses and shit. You turned on us, bro. We supposed to be friends for life and now you befriending his baby mama's husband. He ain't no friend to us," Ryker says.

"But he did nothing to y'all!"

"Technically, he did. He set himself up and Tripp did what he had to do. That pretty nigga fucked around and found out."

"By slamming a ball into his face?! Oh you better hope and pray you didn't break anything, Tripp."

I hope he did break something on that pretty little face of his. That face is the only thing he got going for him and he's acting too big for his britches.

Ryker taps my shoulder then says "I won't lie, man. I hope he, for real, shut that pretty nigga's mouth up. He just like Kyra; he talk way too much."

Hitting his shoulder, I tell him to chill. Kyra ain't nothing like that punk and, if she was, I wouldn't be with her right now.

"Oh, but if I say that I hope Davin gets full custody of your kid, it's a problem. Got it."

After Cam mentions Noah, Ryker and I stop our side conversation. That's a sensitive subject to bring up. There's no way that pretty boy's getting custody.

"What the hell, Cam? What are you talking about? If Tripp don't give up his rights, he can't be that boy's daddy. Plus, where the fuck is this coming from?" Ryker says as we both look up at Cam with his arms crossed.