Chapter 28

Alright, here I go again

Alright, here I go again. I'm feeling like shit again.

She pushes me away, just as she did back when, and I'm in the same place I was in then: my feelings. It's taking a toll on me and it shouldn't. She ain't my girl.

There's no reason to feel this way because I'm married with a beautiful child. I married Kyra because I love her and nobody can take her place...or so I believe.

I'm pacing the floor, thinking of ways to get my mind off my baby momma, and in comes Ryker with a look of anger. Not that this isn't his mood every day but his mood was completely different and his vibe was off. Somebody pissed him off so much.

"Aye, do you know where the hell my wife went? She said she'd be in the suite but I get there and and her ass ain't nowhere in sight. I've called, sent them texts, and hollered off the balcony, only for these random ass white people look at me like I done lost my ratchet ass mind. Nothing."

Now, he's pacing the floor as I was. This behavior is strange coming from somebody like Ryker. The busting through the door is typical Ryker behavior but this pacing around the floor, hollering off the balcony, and contacting anyone (much less a woman) multiple times is absolutely different for Ryker.

Also, Darian's usually right by his side because she helps Ryker keep his composure. Darian's a strong-willed woman who keeps Ryker in order and corrects him when he acts like he has no sense.

She could be trying to surprise him because their anniversary is in a few days, she could want some alone time for a few hours, she probably bumped into Journee and Cass and is spending time with them for a while. There's no telling.

Then again, Ryker came in like she just broke his heart. Let me try to call and see what's going on.

I grab my phone from the dresser and find her number. Once I get the dial tone, my eyes catch a concerned Ryker rubbing his face in stress and quickly wiping his cheeks, hiding his sensitive side.

I know this fool ain't crying. He never does.

"Listen up, Tripp. If you calling on behalf of your friend, I ain't talking to nah one of ya. Get somebody else to do it."

My eyes widen as I continue watching Ryker swiftly wipe his eyes and move away from the couch.

"Hey, D. Not trying to start anything. All I wanna know is if you're safe and alright. We were just worried about you because you didn't show up to the suite."

A long pause settles between the both of us as I make sure Ryker's okay. He's hunched over the railing of our balcony with his right hand over his forehead. Guessing he just needs more time to deal with his emotions.

"I'm cool. Just hanging with friends and chilling."

And by 'friends', I hope she means Journee and Cassidy. If she's speaking of any other 'friends' Ryke is gonna go berserk. You saw how he was about his last relationship. Mallory did him in pretty bad and that's how he became this insensitive, player-type kind of guy. He was all about hitting it, quitting it, and making all the pretty girls cry.