Chapter 17 - The Cat Mascot and The Lion's Protector

Hello my fellow readers, writers, players and Traveller's. Here is the next chapter for my book.

The new fungus game is fun though unfortunately I don't have any primogems to use for my wishes since I used them on the standard banner. I kind of have that bad habit.

Did you guys get the character you wanted?

Also, if you have any news about the Genshin anime can you tell me about it, I'm curious and it would help yo know.

That's it for me. I hope you like this chapter of mine and enjoy!
-------------------------------------------
After I had saved Jean from the Fatui we had our drinks. Then I took her to Marjorie's shop and bought her a little bracelet and then I also plucked the dandelions in front of the city gates. After that it was time for lunch again so we ate at Sara's shop before we sat at the fountain to take a rest.

But I had also noticed that Jean's gaze would wander around Cat's Tail whenever we pass by it. No doubt because of the cats that are always there. She also doesn't seem to be focused if her face is anything to go by.

"Jean, do you want to go to the Cat's Tail?" I asked her.

"Huh? We can." Jean said confused before she has a happy face.

"Yes, do you want to?" I asked knowing her answer.

"Yes! I want to play with the kitties!" Jean said enthusiastically.

I just smiled at her and then grabbed her and carried her in my arms to the Cat's Tail. The two of us entered the shop and I saw Margaret at the counter as she looked surprised at our arrival.

"Luciel? And this must be the child that you are taking care of for today." Margaret said as she looked at Jean.

"You already know about it?" I asked curiously.

"Well, almost everyone in Mondstadt knows about you so the fact that you're taking care of a child has spread quite fast." Margaret said to me.

"Well, we're here to play with the cat's. Well, she is, I want an apple juice." I said to her with a smile.

"Okay, you're orders will come in a few moments. Please sit there." Margaret said as she pointed at a table.

"Thanks." I said to her before making my way to the table.

I sat on the chair at the table and placed Jean on the ground.

"Alright, you can go play with the cats. Give me your vision as well. You don't need it to play with them." I said to her.

"Okay." Jean said smiling as she gave me her vision.

I smiled at the trust she has on me as she didn't even hesitate to give me her vision. She then ran to the cats and started to play with them as she rubbed and tickled them with a smile. I myself have a smile on my face as I saw how happy she is. I decided to just watch her play to spend my time as I waited for my drink.

"Here is your drink." A child's voice said as I heard my drink being placed on my table.

I curiously looked at the one and my eyes widened a bit at who it is.