Chapter 26 - The Wolf's Trial For Strength And Wisdom

"You want a book about Dragonspine?" Lisa asked surprised at my request.

"Yes. You do have a book about it right?" I asked her as I am in the library.

"I do have a book in here. Just wait for a moment." Lisa said before she went to find said book.

I waited for sometime before she came with a book in hand which she gave me.

"Thanks." I said to her with a smile before I opened the book and started to look inside it.

"Why the sudden interest?" Lisa asked as I went through the contents section.

"Well I had gone there as a job of escorting a slime balloon carrying supplies and I was intrigued by it. The Guild is actually issuing me a commission to investigate that place so I want to know about it." I said to her as I found some interesting parts and started to go through it.

"Ohhh, seems like you're getting popular in the guild." Lisa said with a chuckle as I smiled.

"Yeah I guess. Considering the climate there me and one or two seasoned adventurers will be a team and go to the mountain to explore it." I said to her as I kept on reading.

"So what did you find in the book?" Lisa asked as she sat at the couch beside me.

"Well, in here it says that Dragonspine was called Sal Vindagnyr, which is the name of the nation that existed there at least two thousand years or more. From the words here the kingdom was ruined during the Archon War, however the cause of it was never known." I said as I told her.

"Hmm, well there isn't much information about Sal Vindagnyr I'm afraid. Due to the perpetual snowstorm, mist and climate hardly many go there. Forget scholars, even adventurers find it hard to go there." Lisa said with a sigh.

Well, I might have an idea as to how that kingdom fell. If that orb is anything to go by then it might be reason for the kingdoms fall. Though I have to actually go there to know about it.

"There is also another thing that I noticed." I said catching Lisa's attention.

"Oh? What is it?" Lisa asked curiously.

"The kingdom fell during the days of the Archon War, and from what I have gathered it was before Old Mondstadt was established. If that's true then the Gods who existed at that time might know about it." I said to her.

"That might be true. But as you said, they are Gods. Besides, most of the Gods that Mondstadt knows aren't able to be seen." Lisa said to which I smiled.

"Yes, but there is one God who is still alive. A certain King of Wolves in Wolvendom." I said with a smile as her eyes widened.

"Are you talking about getting an audience from Andrius?" Lisa asked surprised.

"If I can get an audience then I will. I mean, information from a God who lived during that time is much more trustworthy than a scholar who got information from reading murals and research." I said to her with a smile.

"Well, I can't deny the logic behind those words. But there is one problem." Lisa said to which I looked at her confused.

"If it's calling him then I'm pretty sure I know the place. I passed there when I would get Wolfhooks." I said to her as I closed the book.

"No thats not it. If you want to talk to him then you have to defeat him in battle. Andrius might be one of the four winds but he is still a warrior God. He recognises strength and won't answer to anyone who he deems unworthy." Lisa said causing me to look at her surprised.

"You seem to know an awful lot about a God that you said is hard to find." I said to her with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh I haven't actually met him. I know about him from the words of my student." Lisa said to me with a wave of her hand.