Epilogue

RIVER'S POV

"Is that everything?" I asked Dean as I looked up at all our packed bags.

"Yes, waridi it is, did we really need to pack this much? We will only be gone for two weeks right, unless there is something you are not telling me." Dean replied looking at me skeptically.

"Yes, we will only be gone for two weeks but you can never be too safe when travelling with kids. You know how our little monsters are." I retorted.

"Yes, you're right. Let's get this show on the road." Dean declared whistling out loud.

"Dean we agreed you would stop calling our children like that." I scolded.

"They like it and they actually prefer it to you yelling out their names." He retorted.

I rolled my eyes at him but true to his words our two little monsters came flying from the kitchen looking dirty and sticky covered in chocolate. Zach, our oldest was in the lead trying to out run his two year old baby sister Mia, as if there was even a contest. For a five-year-old, the boy caused so much trouble and that's exactly what he was in at the moment. Oh, so much trouble.

"Didn't I just dress you both? What happened?" I exclaimed looking at their messy selves.

Zach looked at me sheepishly while Mia kept licking her fingers as if that would help the situation.

"That's my fault ma'am." Wangeci apologized joining us. "I let them lick the chocolate bowl. I turned my back away for a second and ..."

"This happened." I completed for her.

"Yes, I'll go clean them up and bring them back in a few minutes." Wangeci said taking both their hands and leading them upstairs.

"Still want to have another?" Dean teased pulling me into his arms.

"Are you kidding me? Yes, I love our babies with all my heart, messes and all. We are definitely going to create more, the making is the best part after all." I grinned at him.

"I couldn't agree more." Dean smiled leaning in to kiss me.

Eight years of marriage, two kids later and I still was head over heels in love with the gorgeous man looking at me with so much love and adoration. We had been through so much but we had done it together and come out victorious in the end.

In order for our family to be complete, we realized that we needed to bury old hatchets, that's why we were going for a family vacation to LA. It was finally time for my father to meet his grandchildren. We had fixed our relationship a long time ago but for it to be completely healed we had to bring the whole family together thus the trip. It was going to be a new dawn for the family.

"Are you ready for this?" I asked Dean.

"Considering the last time we were there we got shot at and I was deported definitely no, but its time to overcome my fear." He replied.

"You have a passport now." I teased.

"Yes, indeed I do." Dean laughed showing me his little blue book.

I was also a Kenyan citizen now since I had been married to Dean for seven years and lived in Kenya for the whole duration of that time. It had been made legal surprisingly enough by the same officer, Tony, who had given the go ahead for our marriage and given me residentship. He had been surprised to see us still together that he had been quick to process my papers. Now I had dual citizenship to both my homes.

"All clean and ready to go." Wangeci announced walking back into the living room carrying both kids on her hips.

I took Mia while Zach jumped into his father's waiting arms.