Chapter Eighteen

DEAN'S POV

"Leah where the fuck are you, I don't have all day."I gritted out through the phone.

I saw a couple of passers-by glance at me with weird looks but I didn't care about them just about my annoying sister who I had been waiting on for half an hour under the scorching sun. Sure I'd spent most of it in the car but still it pissed me off. I hated waiting.

"Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?"Leah chuckled.

"Leah..."I seethed.

"Calm your tits, I see you looking like a blob of tar. Who wears all black in this heat?"She retorted.

I hang up and pocketed my phone knowing if I replied I would hurt her feelings more than I already had. Thankfully I didn't have to be angry much longer because I saw her familiar head bop up amongst the sea of students walking in and out of university gates.

"There's the best big brother in the world."She cheered launching herself at me in a hug.

I knew she was only doing it to butter me up and like the sucker that I was, I caved and hugged her back.

"You know I hate waiting."I grumbled.

"Yes and I'm sorry, the lecture ran late but I'm here now. What's up big bro?"She asked pulling back.

"You're lucky I love you otherwise I wouldn't have waited."I replied.

"I know."She relented.

I stepped back and unlocked the car opening the backseat to retrieve what I'd brought her.

"Sweet ride bro, who's the sugar mama?"Leah chuckled.

"Someone old enough to be your grandmother, I had to make it somehow."I answered with a grin.

"Mom would have a heart attack if you got a sugar mama but I on the other hand don't mind."Leah praised behind me.

"Shut up you late comer and here, these are for you."I said finally turning around.

Leah's eyes widened in surprise as she saw the bouquet of red roses and box of fancy chocolate in my hands.

"You didn't!"She exclaimed her voice coming out all squeaky.

"I might be an annoying big brother but I'm a good one who loves you. Happy valentine's baby sister."I smiled holding out the gifts for her.

Leah took them from my hands her eyes still wide in shock. I had always dreamed of being able to treat the special women in my life like the queens that they were. Thanks to River I had enough money now and since it was valentine's day I thought I'd do something special for all of them starting with Leah. Jasmine was in school so she wouldn't get any gifts but I'd sent her some money and talked to her so she was sorted as well.

"You really are the best Dean, thank you."Leah sniffled.

I held my arms out for her and she walked into my embrace crying into my chest.

"If you ever date a guy who gives you less than this for Valentines day, don't ever bother introducing him to me because I'll wring his neck for not treating you like you deserve."I warned.

Leah laughed hugging me tighter. "Noted."

I kissed the top of her head and pulled back wiping the tears off her face.

"This is also for you." I said handing her an envelope with six thousand shillings in it.

"Buy yourself something impractical and I mean it, don't spent it on books or shopping, I'll send money for that later. This is for you to spoil yourself."I demanded.