Chapter Thirty Seven

RIVER'S POV

"Argh, why do I feel like I was run over by a bulldozer?" I moaned clutching my head in pain.

I walked into the kitchen where Dean was having breakfast and snatched the mug straight out of his hand and took a sip. Living in Kenya had gotten me addicted to chai so the black coffee he was taking tasted yuck yet I lived on coffee before I left LA.

"Maybe because you were, at the rate you and Demi were tossing drinks back last night I thought my wife had turned into a tanker." Dean replied with a teasing smile.

"Oh, please don't remind me and stop speaking so loud." I begged.

"I am not being loud." Dean whispered and even then, I felt he was being too loud.

"I need breakfast and the biggest mug of chai," I demanded taking a seat on one of the stools and laying my forehead on the cool marble tops of the kitchen island.

It did little to soothe my pain but I was glad when a mug of my new favorite drink was pushed my way together with two Advil. I sat up to take them only to be met with Claudia's disapproving look. I ignored her and took the pills first and a long sip of my perfect tea.

"Thank you, Claudia." I grinned at her.

All I got was a roll of her eyes as she put a fully laden breakfast plate in front of me and left the kitchen in huff. I would apologize to her later, for the moment I dug into my breakfast grateful to get some food in me.

"You were not in bed when I woke up?" I asked Dean.

"I knew you needed to sleep off the alcohol in your system so I let you be and came down here. Claudia was very accommodative and I showed her pictures of our wedding. She cried and demanded a few printed copies." He explained.

"I wish she could have been there but having Demi was already risky enough and even that didn't turn out so well." I replied.

"She understood. You were very lucky to have her growing up especially after your mom passed. She also told me a lot about your mom. You two are very similar." Dean replied.

"How long were you down here?" I asked with a laugh.

"An hour and a half, maybe more. It's almost eleven." Dean answered,

I looked at the time on the oven and saw it was three minutes to eleven meaning I had slept the morning away which I did not regret. We had partied all night and got home at three am in the morning. I barely remembered getting into my bed but I knew I was safe with Dean. He took care of me and changed me plus took off all my make-up. He truly was the best.

"Wow that's more than enough time to hear a couple of embarrassing stories." I groaned.

"You're right. I have quite a few, like how you got that scar on your hip." Dean teased.

"Oh My God. She told you that?" I cried.

Dean nodded with a laugh while I felt like burying my face into the scrambled eggs in front of me and hold my breath long enough for me to pass out.

"Don't worry babe I am never telling anyone." Dean assured me even though it did little to make me feel better.

To hide my embarrassment from the fact that Dean now knew such a humiliating memory I focused on my breakfast and curing my pounding head. The night had been fun but I did not enjoy the repercussions that came with it.

My legs kept swinging under the stool the heavy weight on my right ankle reminding me of the monitors we were wearing. I still couldn't believe that my father was making us wear them. He was treating us like criminals which was unfair. Sure, I had a history of running away even with bodyguards around but Dean was with me now, we had nowhere to run since we had his family, our family to think about.