Chapter Thirty Three

RIVER'S POV

I walked towards my father keeping my steps slow and short hoping to delay the disaster that was about to unfold. How had he found me? We had been careful and why after so many months? My dads gaze glared me down and I could feel his rage from ten meters away radiating off him. I knew he was angry but I didn't care. My main concern at the moment was that Dean was about to discover what kind of business my family was into. He would find out that I had lied to him from the moment we met. All I could hope for was that he understood my reason for lying and forgive me. I couldn't lose him, not after we had just gotten married and were about to start our life together.

I heard a car door open behind me and I stopped walking before I could get to my father. I wished Dean would have stayed in the car but knowing my husband and his overprotectiveness towards me, he wanted to have my back even though it was clear he was afraid of my father and his bodyguards.

As soon as Dean stepped out of the car all my dad's bodyguards pulled their guns out and pointed them at him. I screamed and ran to him shielding him with my body. Dean looked scared having multiple guns pointed at him but who wouldn't be. I took his hand in mine hoping to give him some comfort and turned to my dad.

"You will have to kill me first before you kill my husband." I declared my voice devoid of the fear that I felt.

My father didn't even look phased when I called Dean my husband meaning he already knew that we were married.

"River what are you doing? They will kill you too." Dean whispered his voice laden with fear for the both of us.

He tried to pull me behind him but I stood my ground and wouldn't budge.

"No they won't and if they do then we die together." I replied looking at my father.

"Does this man mean that much to you that you are willing to give your life for him?" My father asked.

"He is my whole world." I asserted.

My father glared at me, his gaze wandering between me and Dean before he lifted his hand. That simple gesture had all the guards dropping their guns but they didn't holster them. At least they weren't pointed at us anymore. Dean sighed in relief against me and tightened his fingers around mine. I was relieved that he wasn't in immediate danger anymore but the night was still young and my father was still very angry.

"Dean and I are going to get back into the car and drive into our house. You are welcome to join us dad but no drawed weapons in my home." I declared.

I didn't wait for his response as I pushed Dean back into the car and got in next to him. Dean had fixed the gate and the automatic system was back online so with one push of a button they slid open and he drove in leaving it open. I could tell that Dean had a lot of questions as we carried in the bags of shopping into the house but he didn't say anything and I wasn't sure if that was a good or a bad thing.

As soon as he set his bags down on the kitchen island, he pulled me into his arms and held me tight against him. I melted into his touch soaking it all in knowing I would need all my strength for the impending conversation and revelations to come.

"Waridi what the fuck?" Dean exclaimed pulling back.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know they would draw their guns out like that." I apologized.

"So, you knew that they had guns?" He asked.

I nodded and wrapped my arms around myself protectively.

"Just what kind of family did you come from? Why do they all have guns and why does that fact not phase you?" Dean demanded.

Here goes nothing, I thought as I braced myself to tell him the truth. Before I could answer my father, Mateo, Adrian and Demi's father, Gustavo walked into the kitchen. Their weapons were nowhere in sight and I was relieved because I didn't want them to scare Dean more than he already was but I knew they were still strapped. I took the win knowing it was one of the few I would get for the night.