Chapter Twenty Seven

RIVER'S POV

"Why are they making us wait? They set the time and we've already been here an hour."I asked Dean resisting the urge to stand and start pacing.

"We'll be lucky if they serve us before lunch. My best guess is that we'll still be here in the afternoon."Dean replied looking too calm for my liking.

"Afternoon! Dean it's ten am in the morning." I cried out.

"It's okay waridi, relax. Here's a chocolate."Dean consoled holding out an eclaire for me.

I narrowed my eyes at him unimpressed by his manipulation. "Are you trying to bribe me with chocolate?"

"You don't want it? Okay I'll have it then."Dean said.

I snatched the sweet from him before he could begin unwrapping it.

"Mine."I said removing the wrapping to enjoy the delicious candy.

Dean laughed at my actions and pulled me to his side wrapping his arm around my shoulders. That earned us a few curious looks from other people waiting in line with us. I ignored them because I needed my man's soothing touch too much to care about what they thought about me. I would never see any of them ever again anyway so it didn't matter.

My eyes wandered to my left hand and I smiled when I saw the simple metal swirling around my finger.

I was engaged.

Cue internal freak out session where I break out into a terrible dance, while singing, more like screaming at the top of my lungs as I gushed other my ring.

When I woke up earlier that morning dreading the day ahead because if it went wrong it meant being torn away from Dean, I had not expected it to turn out as it did. Marriage was the last thing on my mind so when Dean asked me to marry him, freaking out first had been the obvious reaction. But then the more he talked and I calmed down enough to listen, I finally saw reason.

Dean loved me and I loved him and even though we had not been dating long, I couldn't think of one single reason to say no other than that it was too soon. Yes it was but also considering my situation, time was of the essence. If Dean had asked me, a year into the relationship I would have said yes without hesitation but we didn't have that kind of time in our hands. The time was now and I was engaged with a key ring for an engagement ring. It was not an expensive diamond ring but I loved what it symbolized and the man who had given it to me even more.

"What are you thinking so hard about?"Dean asked when he realized I'd stopped fussing and was quiet now.

"How happy I am to be marrying you."I gushed.

"Me too baby, me too." Dean affirmed holding me tighter.

I wanted to kiss him so bad but if everyone around us was looking at us like aliens just because Dean had his arm around me, they would probably all combust if he kissed me.

"Do we need to work on our story before we walk in there? Do we lie or tell the truth?"Dean asked me.

"We're going to embellish the truth a little bit for their case? Like how we met and how long we've been dating to prolong the timeline. Nobody is going to believe we fell in love and got engaged in three months even if it's the truth."I replied.

"Okay then so what story are we going to tell?"Dean inquired.

I wracked my brain coming up with the perfect excuse when my name was called out.

"River Mae Anderson."A young woman with a cute nob cut dressed in black plaid pants, a blue blouse and black flats called out.

"Here."I replied getting to my feet with Dean right behind me.