Chapter 39

AMBER’S POV

The last bell of the day rang and I was so excited to for the day to end. I met Shannon in the hall and we walked to my locker together. Garrett met us on the way and told Shannon he was getting her birthday present today so he wouldn’t come over to her house.

At first she pouts but then is excited about getting a present. She turns to me and asks if I want to come over to her house.

“You know I wait for Emery after school.” I tell her as we make it to my locker. I am a bit surprised when I see Emery standing there.

“It won’t hurt you to miss riding with him for one day.” Shannon tells me.

“Hey, we’re making up for lost time because of what that bitch did.” I tell her and approach Emery.

I give him a hug and a kiss. “Why aren’t you heading to practice?”

He gives me a large smile. “I’ve got some great news.”

“What?” I inquire as he holds my hips.

“Coach just told me that four other scouts will be at the game. And one of them is from University of Maryland.”

I gasp. “Babe, Georgetown is in Maryland!”

He nods. “I know. Keep your fingers crossed that they want to recruit me.”

This was incredible! Not only could Emery and I attend college in the same state, he would only be a thirty minute drive from me! This had to be fate!

I hug Emery so tight and tell him that I will definitely pray that the scout from Maryland loves him. He then tells me has to go or he’ll be late. When I pull away from him he gives me a kiss and rushes to head to practice.

“Well, that’s great news.” Shannon tells me as she had heard our conversation.

“Yeah it is! The icing on the cake would be if you and Garrett applied to a school nearby.” I smile at her.

“Well we’re just going to see each other on the weekends because you know I’m going to Princeton and Garrett’s dad basically already has him enrolled at Columbia.”

I sigh. “Well, we better make the most of this year and next.”

She hugs me. “Hey, we’ll always be best friends no matter what. And when we graduate we’ll move to LA and party like rock stars and get real jobs when we’re thirty.”

I laugh. “Thirty? How will we survive until then?”

“Umm, hello?! Your boo is going to be the next David Beckham and Garrett will take over his father’s company one day. We’re golden!”

I laugh even harder. “If you say so.”

I decided to spend the rest of the afternoon with Shannon. We left the building and got into her car. We decide to catch a movie and sit through Jack the Giant Slayer. After the movie we grab a bite to eat at Appleby’s.

After dinner Shannon drops me off at home.

“See you tomorrow baby cakes!” she yells from her seat.

I smile at her and wave as I enter my house.

EMERY’S POV

I enter the locker room and quickly dress for practice. I’ve got three minutes to get onto the field. I run out of the room once I am dressed and everyone is huddled around coach. I run up to the huddle.

“Guys I am so proud of how you all played Saturday.” Coach is saying. “Our next game is in two days and I want this season to be one to remember. We’re going to be undefeated!”