Chapter 9

AMBER'S POV

I woke up Monday morning still pissed at what Emery told me last night. Mallori really needed someone to put her in her place and I think it was high time that I did just that. I had to make sure I looked cute doing it too so after I take my morning shower I decided to wear a black leather jumper and I pair it with some tights and knee length boots.

I style my hair so that it is falling in waves around my face. After I'm done with my hair I emerge from my room and head to the dining room to eat breakfast. My mom eyes me as I sit down at the table.

"Um, I thought you said you were going to school, not a teen club." she states while scanning over my outfit.

"Hey, I'm not breaking the dress code." I smile at her and eat some toast.

She smiles back. "I know baby girl, I'm teasing you. You look really nice."

"Thanks."

Minutes later my phone is ringing. I rush to my room and see Emery is calling. I answer it before voicemail picks up.

"Hey you."

"Hey baby. I'll be by to get you in fifteen minutes." he tells me. "Oh, I have practice today so unless you want to wait after school for you'll have to find another way home."

"I'll wait for you, it's no problem." I tell him and then we hang up.

I notice I have an unread text message so I open it and see it's from Emery.

*mean it?*

Huh? I was confused. I was about to text him asking him what he meant but my mom calls me from the living room. I go to her and she tells me that her parents-my grandparents, will be in town this Sunday to met Axel when he arrives back in town.

The news makes me super excited as I hadn't seen grampy and grams since I graduated middle school. She gives me a kiss good-bye as she heads off to work. I hear a horn blow ten minutes later and I rush outside to see Emery standing by the passenger side of his car. He flashes me an award winning smile.

I lock the door and Emery opens the door as I approach his car. Instead of getting inside I jump on Emery, hugging his neck tightly.I feel him wrap his arms around me and I can tell he is smiling as he squeezes my body a bit.

"God, I missed you this weekend." I state and kiss him when we pull away from each other.

"You know I missed you. And might I add you look fucking hot!" he smiles and kisses me once more.

I thank him for the compliment and get into the passenger seat. Emery holds my hand in his during the drive to school. He finds a decent parking spot and he gets out the car, walks to the passenger side and opens my door for me.

It seems like all eyes are on me as Emery closes my door and grips my hand. I hear a few guys whistle in my direction and it is definitely an ego booster. I spot Shannon getting out of Garrett's car and once they are standing next to each other I wave her over.She and Garrett approach me and Emery and I see her eyeing me up and down.

"Girlfriend, you know I'm borrowing that right?" she teases.

I laugh and give her a hug. I then give Garrett a hug but Emery pulls me back before Garrett can get his arms around me.

"Uh uh, for my hands only." Emery states while motioning his hands up and down my body.

"Hey, she hugged Shannon." Garrett points out.

"That's different and kinda hot to think of them touching." Emery states while rubbing his chin, picturing the scene.

I gasp and playfully push his shoulder. "Get your mind out the gutter. Let's go inside."