Chapter 18

WEDNESDAY

EMERY’S POV

I woke up this morning feeling very anxious. I was excited for the day to quickly be over so I could be with Amber again. Our first time was amazing and I knew it would only get better.  As if she knew I was thinking about her, my cell rang with Amber’s name flashing on the screen.

 “Morning babe.” I smiled as I answered her call.

“Bad news.” she began and it made me sit upright.

“What do mean bad news? What’s going on?” I ask trying to get a grip before panicking.

“My grandparents are leaving today and since my mom has to drop them off at the airport so she wants to take me to school.”

I blow out a sigh of relief; that wasn’t so bad. “Babe, you had me worried. It’s cool we won’t ride to school this morning. There’s always tomorrow. I’ll just see you before first period.”

“I know but riding to school together is just our thing.” I can tell by the tone of her voice that she is pouting on the other end of the phone.

“One day isn’t going to kill you. I’ll see you later okay. I love you.”

She says it back and we disconnect. I get out of bed, head into the bathroom and shower for the day. After I dress in a white tee, jeans and a Matix black and grey vest, I go downstairs and join Shannon and her parents for breakfast.

“Have you talked to your parents about helping pay for our class trips and prom?” Shannon asked me as I sat down at the table. Her mother sat a plate down in front of me.

“Oh, yeah. I talked to my mom Monday night and she just said to send her and my dad a bill.” I tell her as I begin eating.

“Where are you all going for the trip?” Shannon’s dad asks.

“Puerto Rico!” Shannon exclaims excitedly.

“You kids don’t know how lucky you have it. Back in my dad we didn’t have class trips. Hell, prom was a luxury, now it’s a necessity.” he rants.

I chuckle and almost choke on the bite of food I had just taken as I watch Shannon mouth the exact words her father had said.

“You okay son?” he asks me while patting my back.

I just nod and take a sip of my orange juice. Shannon and I get up from the table once we’re done eating and head outside. Garrett is outside in his car waiting for Shannon. I wave to him as I get in my car and head to school.

Garrett pulls into the parking lot a few seconds after I do. I park and as I get out I see Amber getting out of her mother’s car. I call her name and she spins in my direction. She gives me a large smile and rushes over.

She hugs me and places a kiss on my lips. “Ready for tonight?” she asks me with a sexy smirk playing on her lips.

Did this girl realize what she’s doing to me? It rhymes with ‘goodie’. I groan as I will down the sudden swell and nod at her question before giving her a small kiss.

“Let’s go inside.” I tell her and take her head, leading her into the building.

I walk Amber to her locker and leaned against as she opened it.

“So, I will meet you at my car at the end of the day.” I say very lowly since Shannon and Garrett are passing us to head to his locker.

She looks to me with a smile. “I can’t wait.”