Chapter 23

EMERY’S POV

The ship docked in the Bahamas fifteen minutes after the Axel ordeal. The captain announced everyone was free to come and go but the ship was leaving promptly at two o’clock tomorrow afternoon and if you missed the ship, you would have to find another way home.

I asked Amber and her mother if they wanted to leave the ship. Both shake their head no. Amber’s mom tells us she is going to find someone from security to make sure that Axel doesn’t come near us the rest of the day and tomorrow.

She leaves the room and I grab Amber and hug her to me. She cries softly against my chest and I run my fingers through her hair.

“Baby, it’s okay.” I whisper.

“I’m more sad for my mom. I really thought she had found a man who was going to take care of her. She’ll be all alone when I leave for college.” she sniffs.

“But now she can meet the right guy because Axel definitely wasn’t the man for her.” I reason.

Amber shakes her head no. “She’ll probably swear off men now.”

“Maybe but that’s a decision she’ll have to make.”

VIVIAN’S POV

I dried my eyes as I marched through the hall from Emery’s room. I went up to the top deck and asked one of the employees of the cruise ship where I could find someone from security. The employee led me to a room where a man sat in front of a bunch of TVs, no doubt surveillance.

“Mitch, this woman needs someone from security.” the employee said while knocking on the open door.

Mitch spun in his chair and faced us. Even though I was mad as hell at the events that took place less than fifteen minutes ago, seeing this man made my breath catch. He was absolutely beautiful with an athletic build, short brown hair and neatly trimmed facial hair. He was a white guy and I had never dated outside my race but if Amber could do it…hmmm.

He smiled at me and his dark brown eyes shined with the curl of his lips. “How can I help you Miss?”

The employee left my side and I moved a bit closer in the room. I looked to the empty seat next to him and motioned my head to it.

“May I sit?”

He nods and I sit in the seat. I extend my hand to him and he quickly takes my hand in his. I introduce myself and then I let out a sigh.

“I was wondering what I needed to do to make sure a guest stays away from me and my daughter.”

He raises an eyebrow. “Is someone harassing you?”

I let out another sigh. “Listen Mitch, I am embarrassed to say this but I have a fiancée…well, ex-fiancée and he did something that I am disgusted by okay. He bought our room and I do not want myself or my daughter in there and I don’t want him near me or I will kill him.”