Chapter 11

Author's Note: Video of Destiny's Child's Emotion sets the mood for this chapter. Enjoy :-)

AMBER'S POV

I was so happy when the final bell rang. Emery had practice today so I had to wait for him to get out. Garrett offered me a ride home but I wanted to wait for Emery so I politely declined.

I went to the soccer field and sat in the bleachers to watch the boys play. I didn't see Emery but he hadn't gotten a jersey with his last name on it yet so he could've been in the crowd. I worked on homework and when the coach dismissed the guys after a great practice, I got up and rushed to the parking lot.

There were a few cars parked in the lot and I headed for Emery's car. I noticed it wasn't in the spot he parked in this morning and wondered if he had went off campus for lunch. I was a bit surprised when I approached his car and saw that he was inside.

I moved around to the driver's side and tapped on the window. He looked so sad as he opened the door and stood before me.

"Hey, you weren't at practice?" I ask. "And why do you look so sad?"

He didn't say anything, he just grabbed me and pulled me into a tight hug. Okay, he was scaring me. What was going on?

"Babe, you're scaring me." I whisper as I hear him crying.

"My mom couldn't convince my dad to let me stay here until I graduate. I'm leaving for New York in the morning." he whispers.

WHAT?! NO! He was so sure he would be staying and now he was leaving me? This could not be happening!

"If you're playing a joke on me, this is not funny." I mumble.

"I wish I was joking. God, why did this have to happen? I was so sure that we would be together."

He was talking like we were breaking up. I mean, I hated the idea of a long distance relationship but  I  didn't want to give up on Emery. I pull back from him so that I could look in his face.

"Hey, we'll still be together. We can call, text, skype...the whole nine yards."

"It's not the same. I won't be able to kiss you, hold you."

"But you can right now." I sigh.

He takes the hint and pulls me back close to him. He kisses my lips and I throw my arms around his neck. He pulls back as he feels me attempt to deepen our kiss.

"I want to give you something to remember me by." he says while taking my hand. He raises it palm up and drops his car keys in my hand.

My eyes bug at the action.

"You have your driver's license right?"

I nod but I push the keys into his chest. "I can't take your car."

"I won't need it, I have the Camaro. Please."

I couldn't believe this! I finally agree and we get into the car. He drives us to his house and takes me inside so I can say good-bye to his mom. She hugs me once she comes into sight.

"I wish we had more time to get to know one another but my son has taking a fast liking to you so I know you are something special. We'll be back after six months and maybe Emery will go to college around here so you two can be together again."

I nod and then I keep my fingers crossed that it might be a possibility. But then I remember that I planned to go to Georgetown so if Emery came back for college I would just leave when I started college. This was like a roller coaster and already I wanted to get off.