Twenty-Two

Addison's POV

"Nanny, will Pop-Pop be okay?" Anastasia asks Adele, who's making everyone dinner. Richard was talking to Meredith about some hospital business.

"He'll be fine pumpkin. Your Pop-Pop just needs to learn how to take a break." Adele tells Anastasia.

"Bweak impowtant fow bwain to west." Anastasia says in a matter of fact manner while I set the table for dinner.

"That's right button. Can you go get Mommy and Pop-Pop for dinner?" Anastasia nods and runs into the living room.

"How did you become a grandmother figure to Anastasia?"

"When Meredith found out she was pregnant, she came back to Seattle to talk to Ellis. Ellis helped her with everything medical and I happened to be visiting Richard that day for lunch. Meredith was in tears, fearing that she wouldn't be a good mother. I offered Meredith some guidance throughout her pregnancy including baby names. That's how Anastasia got her name actually, because I always wanted to name my daughter that. Meredith gave birth here in Seattle and Ellis gave Anastasia to me to hold. I hated Ellis before Anastasia was born, but that sweet baby girl made me mend fences with Ellis." Adele explained to me when Anastasia returned, dragging both Meredith and Richard with her baby hands.

"Mommy and Pop-Pop taking too long so me bwing tem hewe." Anastasia tells us before sitting at the table and Meredith sits next to her.

"We weren't taking long. We were talking." Meredith tells Anastasia before I sat next to my girlfriend and started making Anastasia's plate.

"Mama telled me to bwing you hewe, so me do tat!" Anastasia said before eating her food and I couldn't help but laugh, causing Adele to also laugh.

"Good job pumpkin." Adele praised Anastasia, who smiled in response.