Six

Meredith's POV

"I meant what I said before. Anastasia just called me Mama on her own. I would never force a child to call me Mama." Addison tells me while I was breastfeeding Anastasia. There's no milk involved but it brings us closer together.

"I know Addison. Anastasia sees you as her other mother and I wouldn't take that away from her. Anastasia's biological father never wanted her, reminding me of when my own father abandoned me. My mother's in a home because she has advanced Alzheimer's disease, so it's just Anastasia and I."

"You have me as well Meredith. Does Anastasia know?" Addison asked, referring to Mom's diagnosis.

"No. All she knows is that Nana's sick and has to stay there. Now I have to find a psychiatrist for Anastasia, but with my work I don't have the time to look." Addison grabs a business card from the coffee table and hands it to me.

"Dr. Katherine Hunter works with families. My younger sister Amelia Shepherd saw her father being murdered at the age of five and became addicted to drugs. A friend of mine recommended Katherine and Amelia worked with her to get clean and deal with her issues. Amelia and her father are the only good Shepherds. The others are narcissistic bastards who belittled Amelia and her issues instead of getting her help. But Katherine is willing to work on your schedule and can go to the hospital or your house to see Anastasia." Addison says before I kissed her cheek in gratitude.

"Thanks Addie. I really appreciate this and I won't tell anyone what you said about your sister."

"You're welcome and I won't say anything about your mother. Meredith, do you and Anastasia want to have dinner next week? If you're off work that is and aren't busy." Addison says with a small smile on her face.

"I just have to check my schedule but I will call you to let you know."

"Of course." Addison says with a smile before kissing my cheek.

                                   **************************

Addison's POV

"Is the food good button?" I asked Anastasia whose face and shirt were covered in shepherd's pie. Meredith and Anastasia decided to stay over for dinner, not wanting the day to end just yet.

"Yummy Mama. Tank you." Anastasia said with a little smile on her face while Meredith was wiping our daughter's face. I love the sound of that...our daughter.

"You are absolutely welcome Anastasia. I'm glad both you and Mommy love my cooking."

"Meanie Dewek no like you food?" Anastasia innocently asked me.

"No he didn't, but that's okay because I have you and Mommy to cook for."

"Absolutely Addison. One day, Anastasia and I will make you our famous blueberry pancakes." Meredith says, causing Anastasia to have the biggest smile on her face.

"Tey yummy Mama! Me pwomise." Anastasia says and I couldn't help but hug her tightly.

"You are very sweet button." Anastasia smiles before kissing my cheek.