Four

Meredith's POV

Walking into a trauma room, I see a nurse standing outside the door clearly waiting for me. Addison's looking after Anastasia as she doesn't officially start working here for the next few months. Since Anastasia revealed what Derek has done to her, she's had nightmares and has wet herself.

"You the surgeon?" The nurse asked me and I nodded in response.

"We've got a rape victim. Better get in there." The nurse says before I walked into the room and see a woman lying on a gurney, all bloodied up.

"Twenty-five ear old female found down in the park. Status: Post trauma. She came in with a GCS of 6 and BP 80 over 60. Examined significantly for blunt head trauma, unequal breast sounds, right pupil is dilated. And she's ready for x-ray. You ready to roll?" The ER doctor asks me.

"Yeah." I stated before checking the woman's pupils.

"Call ahead to clear CT. Let them know I'm coming. Load up the portable monitor. Call 'respiratory' for a ventilator. I'll get x-rays while I'm down there." An intern goes to grab the ventilator while me and the ER doctor bring the woman to the operating room. Entering the operating room, I scrubbed in and headed towards where Dr. Burke and Dr. Shepherd were beginning operating.

"She's going to spend a hell of a long time in recovery and rehab." Dr. Shepherd states while operating on her brain.

"If she survives." Dr. Burke notes.

"What is she like 5ft 2"? 100 pounds? She's still breathing after what this guy did to her? They should castrate him." Dr. Shepherd says, causing me to roll my eyes at him. You should be castrated and beaten to a pulp!

"See how shredded her hands are. She tried to fight back." Dr. Burke says, indicating to the woman's hands. Looking at her file, I see that her name's Allison Thayer.

"Tried to? Rape kit came back negative. She kicked his ass." Dr. Shepherd says while continuing to operate on Allison.

"Her name is Allison Thayer and I suggest that you use it."

"I think I may have found the cause of our rupture." Dr. Burke states before holding a bit of flesh and my eyes widen in shock.

"Oh my God! She bit off his penis." Go Allison! Dr. Burke quickly dumps the penis into a surgical pan and all of the men in the operating room let out a painful groan. I hope Anastasia and Addison are having a better day....

                                          *************
Addison's POV

"Addie, when Mommy done?" Anastasia asks me while entering my kitchen with a slight frown on her face. Turns out Meredith and I live next door to each other, which is great because Meredith doesn't have to travel far to drop Anastasia off.

"Very soon button. But your mommy has a lot of hard surgeries to do in order to help people. That's why it's taking her a while."

"Me dwaw Mommy pictuwe." Anastasia says before sitting on the table where her art stuff are laid out.

"That's a wonderful idea Anastasia. Do you like hotdogs?" Anastasia nodded in response before working on her drawing.

"Addie, you doctow like Mommy?" Anastasia asks me while drawing her picture.

"I am one but I help mommies and babies." I reply before putting the hotdogs boiling and walk over to Anastasia.

"Like me! Me Mommy's pewfect baby." Anastasia says with a bright smile on her face and I bend down to her level. I can't break her little heart and tell her that my job's not with toddlers, especially because she's still a little girl and won't understand. All she knows is that Meredith and I help people.

"Yes button exactly." Meredith told me that Anastasia has autism, sensory processing disorder and auditory processing disorder along with asthma. Just so if Anastasia had a sensory overload, I could be equipped to help her.

"Addie me like you." Anastasia says before hugging me and I hugged her back.

"I like you too button."