Nineteen

Meredith's POV

"All right. Details. Are you pregnant? What are you going to do?"

"Look, you know what happens to pregnant interns. I'm not switching to the vagina squad or spending my life popping zits. I'm too talented. Surgery's my life." Cristina says as we started walking to a nurse's desk where George and Izzie were. George and Olivia are no longer dating because she got back with her husband, but are still friends.

"Which begs the question: who are you sleeping with?"

"Burke. I'm surprised that your girlfriend didn't tell you because they're good friends." Cristina responded.

"No because it isn't her business." Addison and Anastasia are visiting Dr. Webber while I'm going to visit Joe Stevens. Joe is a bartender at Emerald City Bar and he's just been admitted into the hospital, so I'm going to visit him first before going to visit Dr. Webber.

"What are you doing here? Thought you were going to be with Satan and your pest." Izzie states, causing me to glare at her before facing George.

"I came to check on Joe."

"You think he's going to be ok?" George asked me and I nodded in response when Derek walked over to us.

"You think he's going to need an operation?" Cristina asked.

"Operation, yes. Ok, hard to tell. Basilar artery's blown up like a balloon. Subarachnoid bleeding. Aneurysm the size of a golf ball." Derek says before handing me the chart and I hand it to Cristina.

"No way to clip something like that." George says.

"Not without magic fingers." Cristina notes.

"Or a standstill operation." Derek says before I walked away from them and headed to Joe's hospital room.

"Hey Joe. How are you feeling?"

"Good. Your girlfriend and daughter came to visit me earlier and now my hospital bills are covered. Do you know anything about that?" Joe tells me and I shake my head in response.

"No, but Anastasia probably asked Addison, knowing how much you mean to us."

"Of course she did. I love your child Meredith, she's a sweet and spunky little girl." Joe says and I couldn't help but laugh.

                                         ****************

Addison's POV

"Sorry to interrupt, Dr. Burke." Preston gave me a smile before bending down to Anastasia's level.

"You're never interrupting Addison, especially when you bring my favourite person with you." Preston says and Anastasia has a big smile on her face.

"She's always interrupting." Derek says with a glare on his face.

"Not nice." Anastasia said to Derek, causing Preston to laugh in response before standing back up. Meredith walked over to us and hands me Julie Phillips' chart.

"Preston, can you please bring Anastasia to Richard's room? She wants to see him and I have a patient to see."

"Of course I can. Come on Anastasia, let's leave these boring people to do their work." Anastasia runs over to Preston and holds his hand before they walk away from us. Meredith and I headed to Julie's room to see her lying on the bed, rubbing her clearly pregnant stomach.

"Define TTTS."

"Twin-twin transfusion syndrome. Conjoined fetal twins connected by the blood vessels in the placenta." Meredith replied to me.

"Meaning?" 

"One twin gets too much blood, the other too little, endangering the lives of both." Meredith replied and I give her a smile.

"Good work Dr. Grey."

"They told me there wasn't much chance anything could be done." Julie tells us.

"TTTS is usually impossible to correct. Unless you happen to be one of a handful of surgeons in the world who knows how to separate fetal blood vessels. Which, luckily for you, I am. So we're going to get you into surgery tomorrow. If you have any questions at all please ask Dr. Grey or myself." Meredith and I walked out of the room and headed towards the elevator.

"I couldn't take Anastasia there first because of this case, but Richard's wife will be coming soon so she won't be alone."

"Addie, it's okay. All that matters is Anastasia's safety and you made sure that happened." Meredith says before kissing me on the lips and I gladly kissed her back.

                                         ***********************

Anastasia's POV

"Pop-Pop, you okay?" Pop-Pop gives me a smile while I try to be a doctor like my mommies and look in his eyes.

"I'm fine Anastasia. You don't need to give me an exam." Pop-Pop says when Uncle George enters the room and closes the door.

"What's the report?" Pop-Pop asks Uncle George who hands me my teddy, Henry.

"Meredith is fighting with Dr. Shepherd because he doesn't want Anastasia in your room." Uncle George says and Pop-Pop hugs me.

"Anything else O'Malley?" Pop-Pop says and Uncle George shakes his head before leaving.

"You're my special guest Anastasia and no matter what anyone says, you're allowed in here or my office." Pop-Pop says before hugging me and I hug him back.

"Me make you all bettew Pop-Pop!"

"I'm sure you will, after all you have a good heart." Pop-Pop says before kissing my head and I give him a big smile.