Nine

Addison's POV

"Hi Amelia." Amelia entered the house and the two of us entered the living room. Anastasia was sitting on the couch and had a smile on her face upon seeing us. Amelia knew about Anastasia and Meredith because I didn't want to hide anything from her. Meredith knew about Amelia and her history with drugs but trusted her with Anastasia. Amelia also knew what Derek did to Anastasia and was disowned by the other Shepherds for siding with Anastasia. If Christopher Shepherd was alive today, I'm sure he wouldn't put up with what his wife and other children were doing to Amelia. I'm definitely sure that he wouldn't stand by Derek abusing Anastasia.

"Anastasia, this is my little sister Amelia Shepherd."

"Auntie Amy have same name like Dewek." Anastasia says while playing with her teddy bear chewing necklace.

"Yes I do little one. That's because he's my big brother since we have the same mommy and daddy. But your mama is my sister because she's always been there for me whenever I needed somebody." Amelia says before sitting down beside Anastasia on the couch.

"You me Auntie Amy. You me family." Anastasia said before wrapping her little arms around Amelia's waist. Amelia hugged Anastasia back with happy tears in her eyes, clearly happy that Anastasia saw her as her family.

"You're my family too little one." Amelia says with a smile on her face.

"Me see Kitty Kat today." Anastasia says when the doorbell rings and I go answer it. Katherine stood there with a smile on her face and I smiled back before allowing her to enter. Closing the door, the two of us entered the living room where Amelia and Anastasia were still sitting on the couch. Anastasia looked up at us and smiled upon seeing Katherine who smiled back in response.

"Kitty Kat!" Anastasia says, causing Amelia to laugh at Katherine's new nickname.

"Hi kitty kat." Amelia teasingly greets Katherine who shakes her head with an amused smile on her face. Katherine bends down to Anastasia's level with a look of understanding on her face.

"Hi Anastasia. How are you doing? Any more bad dreams?" Katherine gently asked Anastasia.

"Me have bad dweans but Mommy let me sleep wit hew. Me have new family, Auntie Amy." Anastasia replied before putting the chewing necklace in her mouth.

"I'm glad that you have more family. Can I tell you a secret? I helped your Auntie Amy in the same way that I helped you." Katherine says with a smile, causing Anastasia's blue eyes to widen in fascination.

"Weally?" Anastasia asks Amelia who gave her a smile before responding.

"Yes little one." Amelia responded, causing Anastasia to smile.

                                               *******************

Meredith's POV

Both George and I entered the elevator before I pressed the button for our floor. George was reading something on the wall while I faced away from him, feeling guilty about Mrs. Patterson's heart.

"I think maybe I did something to the heart when I was holding it. I nodded off a little. Squeezed it."

"Oh, the heart's a tough muscle. It could take a squeeze or two." George responded reassuringly.

"My fingernail popped the glove. Cut straight through. George, what if I punctured Mrs. Patterson's heart?" George stopped reading and walked over beside me.

"If you had punctured it, you would have known when they reperfused. They got her heart beating. The woman's okay." George states.

"She's okay." I state before exiting the elevator and walked over to the nurse's station, handing Mrs. Patterson's chart over to Nurse Olivia Jankovic. Last week I told my friends that I'm dating Addison and how she adopted Anastasia as her own. Now Anastasia's legally, Anastasia Ellis Grey-Forbes Montgomery. They were supportive and wanted to meet Addison, but I told them that right now wasn't the best time. Addison and I want to get Anastasia settled in a routine before bringing more changes into her life. A young woman with light blue eyes and brown hair, wearing a purple shirt underneath a jean jacket walks over to me with a smile on her face.

"You must be Meredith Grey." The young woman says, causing me to raise an eyebrow.

"Yes and you are?"

"Dr. Amelia Shepherd. I'm sure my big sister Addie has told you about me." Amelia says, causing a smile to form on my face.

"It's finally nice to meet you. Addison has told me and Anastasia all about you. What are you doing here at the hospital?"

"I'm here to see Dr. Shepherd, my disowned brother." Amelia says and speaking of the devil, Derek walked over to us. Derek flashed both of us a smile before Amelia punches him in the face.

"What the hell Amy?!" Derek angrily says while I looked down at my feet, hoping to hide my smile from him.

"You abused a child! A two year old baby girl! On top of that you got our family to disown me because I stated that I believed Anastasia! A two year old doesn't know how to lie! If Dad was still alive, he would disown the rest of our family for what you did! You're not my big brother anymore!" Amelia shouts before I looked up and see tears in her blue eyes.

"You should go before the Chief comes." Amelia nods before leaving and I walked away, bumping into Cristina and Izzie.

"Who's that?" Izzie asks me.

"Dr. Amelia Shepherd. She's Addison's former sister in-law but they have been surrogate sisters for years. She's also Derek's younger sister, who she's disowned along with the rest of her family because she defended Anastasia."

"She's hot. If I swung that way, I'd date her." Cristina stated with a smirk.

"She sure is." Izzie states with a smile, causing me to roll my eyes at my friends. This certainly takes my mind off things......

                                          ****************

Amelia Shepherd's POV

"Peekaboo!" Anastasia giggles when I uncover my blue eyes and see her matching blue eyes staring right at me. Addison went out to help Meredith with her mother's estate because she has advanced Alzheimer's. Meredith and Addison don't want others to know especially Anastasia, but I was touched that Meredith trusted me with her secret. And her daughter....

"Me see you Auntie Amy!" Anastasia said with a bright smile on her face that lit up her blue eyes. Picking Anastasia up, I placed her onto my lap and began to tickle her tummy. Anastasia started giggling and I couldn't help but awe at how cute she was.

"You see me and I see you little one." I say, stopping my ministrations and kissed Anastasia's cheeks.

"Me love you Auntie Amy." Anastasia said before wrapping her tiny arms around my neck. Wrapping my arms around Anastasia's waist, I placed a kiss on the top of her head while tears appeared in my eyes. It's been so long since someone had said that they loved me. My own biological family hated me because of my past choices. My dad was the last person in that family to say that he loved me. My new chosen family has always made sure that I felt loved but with our busy schedules it was hard to say those three words. Anastasia has managed to show me that love in a day and I'm not going to mess that up.

"I love you too little one."