Thirteen

Meredith's POV

"Yikes, wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley." I tell Cristina who hopped off her motorcycle and wrapped an arm around me.

"Right back at ya. How's tiny?" Cristina says before the two of us entered the hospital with Alex running over to us.

"Anastasia's good. She wants to see her Tina and her Smelly Boy. Alex, she considers you her big brother and doesn't mean to offend you."

"I'm not offended. Actually, Anastasia reminds me of my sister." Alex tells me before all of us headed towards the locker room.

"I'm going to need a major rush to make it through this day. I need a kick-ass surgery." George says before we all start changing into our scrubs.

"Ooh, you a bad boy last night, George?" Alex remarked to George, causing Izzie to slam her locker door shit.

"That would be Anastasia." Izzie says before exiting the locker room with George and Alex following her. Though both men had looks of confusion on their faces as they left.

"Why would she say that?" Cristina asked me, causing me to shrug in response as the two of us exited the locker room. The two of us arrived at the hallway where Dr. Bailey was giving everyone their assignments.

"O'Malley, Yang, Karev, go on to clinic." Dr. Bailey says before they leave, causing Dr. Bailey turns to face Izzie and I.

"You two come with me. Izzie, you're hanging with me today. Dr. Grey, you are examining Claire Rice in room 2380." Dr. Bailey says before I headed towards room 2380 where Claire and her parents were. Claire was sitting on the hospital bed biting her nails while her parents, Tina and Joseph Rice were standing on one side of the bed.

"I think she got some bug on her trip to Mexico with her friends. I told her not to go to a Third-World country, but does she ever listen?" Mrs. Rice says, reminding me a bit of Mom before her Alzheimer's diagnosis.

"She's been weak ever since and she's lost weight. And this morning, she passed out in the shower." Mr. Rice explained to me.

"I barely lost any weight." Claire mumbled under her breath, but I still heard her.

"When was the trip?"

"A couple weeks ago. I'm really fine. I just have a fever. Just give me some antibiotics and send me home." Claire tells me.

"Well, maybe it is just a fever, but they called down for a surgeon, so I have to give the ok to let you go. So just let me do the exam."

"No. This is crazy. I'm fine." Claire protests, earning her a glare from her mother.

"For God's sake, Claire, I don't want to spend my entire day here." Mrs. Rice yells.

"You know, actually, Mrs. Rice, this might be easier if we had some privacy. So would you two mind leaving the room?" Both parents leave the room and I began examining Claire.

"Wow. Don't push so hard." Claire says while I push on her stomach.

"Can you lift your shirt so I can examine your stomach?" Claire lifted her shirt up, revealing pink scars.

"Where did you get these? Claire...you've had surgery recently. These scars are still pink."

"Don't tell my parents." Claire begs me, causing me to realize that she got this done in Mexico.

"You did this in Mexico so your parents wouldn't know? What did you have done?" Dr. Bailey pages me and I run out of the room to the nurse's station.

"You paged?"

"How is your patient?" Dr. Bailey asked me.

"She's febrile and has peritoneal signs. Dr. Bailey, I think she had some sort of illegal surgery done in Mexico."

"Botched abortion?" Dr. Bailey asked me and I shake my head.

"No! She has four laparoscopic scars on her abdomen and won't say what they're from, the parents are clueless."

"She's a minor." Dr. Bailey points out to me.

"Seventeen. Freshman in college."

"You order up for a CT?" Dr. Bailey asks and I nodded in response.

"Well then go help out at the clinic. I'll page you when it's done." Dr. Bailey says and I nodded before heading to the clinic.

                                               **************

Addison's POV

"What happened to your arm button?" Anastasia's right arm was at an awkward angle and I was surprised that she didn't say anything earlier. Katherine was sitting on the armchair beside me while I had Anastasia in my arms.

"Izzie do it. Me no want to wake you and Mommy up fwom me bad dweams. So me go to Izzie woom. Izzie get weally mad and huwted me awm." Anastasia explained to me, causing me to turn her around and face me. Grabbing Anastasia's right arm, I began to do an examination on her to make sure it wasn't broken.

"Anastasia, you can always wake Mommy and me up no matter what."

"You did a nice thing by letting your mommies sleep. But if you're having bad dreams or you're hurt, you need to tell them. That way they can help you." Katherine tells Anastasia.

"Yes Kitty Kat." Anastasia responds before looking back at me.

"Does it hurt to move your arm?" Anastasia nodded with tears in her eyes.

"Izzie telled me tat you and Mommy no 'lieve me." Anastasia explained to me while the tears were flowing down her face.

"We will always believe you button." I tell Anastasia before wiping her face.