Twenty-One

Meredith's POV

Anastasia grabs my hand as I shut my car door while Addison had our things. Anastasia was going to spend the day with Dr. Webber while Addison and I are working. The three of us entered the hospital and Addison handed me Anastasia's Elmo backpack before heading to her office. Putting the backpack on Anastasia, the two of us headed to Dr. Webber's hospital room.

"Remember the code Mama talked about?"

"Yes Mommy." Anastasia replied with a smile on her face.

"Pop-Pop knows the code so if something happens to you, you can tell him and he'll do it." Anastasia nods before tugging on my hospital scrub pant leg.

"Mommy why Dewek looking at me wit mad face?" Anastasia says and I turned around to see Derek staring at us.

"What do you want Dr. Shepherd?"

"Why are you playing family with my ex-wife? I thought we had something." Derek says when Olivia comes over to us and gives me a smile.

"I'm heading to Dr. Webber's room if you want to come Anastasia. Maybe we'll get a cookie and some chocolate milk." Olivia says and Anastasia nodded before grabbing Olivia's hand. Anastasia waves goodbye to me and she leaves with Olivia.

"The moment you laid a hand on my daughter was the moment that we were done. Addison's been honest with me from the beginning, while you never told me that you were married. She became my friend first and then my girlfriend. She's taken everything at my pace, not being a jack ass when I didn't want to kiss you in the elevator. Addison's never belittled Anastasia for her differences, but embraced them. Now you're stalking me and making my daughter feel unsafe here! So stop it and leave us alone!" I stated before walking away from Derek and see Anastasia eating a big cookie with a smile on her face. Olivia gives me a small smile and I smiled back before heading to my locker.

*********************

Anastasia's POV

Pop-Pop is on his bed and I'm sitting on the bed next to him with Henry in my arms. Derek is trying to look at Pop-Pop's eyes but Pop-Pop keeps pushing the flashlight away.

"Okay. Stop. That's it." Pop-Pop tells Derek who rolls his eyes at him.

"That's not it Richard. Hold still. I have to poke you to discharge you." Derek tells Pop-Pop and I look up at Pop-Pop.

"Please no move. Me want you to no be in bed no mowe."

"For you Anastasia, I will." Pop-Pop says before letting Derek look at him again and my Nanny Adele Webber entered the room.

"Nanny!" Nanny looks up at me and gives me a big smile before turning to Derek.

"What makes you think he wants to be discharged? Derek don't you know that this hospital will crumble unless Richard's here holding up the walls?" Nanny says before kissing Pop-Pop's cheek and picks me up.

"Adele, you're supposed to be in the Virgin Islands." Pop-Pop tells Nanny.

"Oh you are in five kinds of trouble Mr. Man. You had brain surgery and didn't tell me?" Nanny tells Pop-Pop before giving me a smile.

"You no telled Nanny? Mommy telled me to tell if me huwted."

"That's right pumpkin. Your Pop-Pop needs to learn that, doesn't he?" Nanny said and I nodded in agreement.

"I didn't want to ruin your vacation." Pop-Pop tells Nanny.

"You don't know what a vacation is. How would you know how to ruin it?" Nanny tells him when Mama enters the room with a cup of coffee in her hands.

"I thought I saw a fabulous looking woman walk by." Mama tells Nanny before they hug each other and Mama picks me up.

"Having fun button?" Mama asks me and I nodded before putting my head on her shoulder.

"Pop-Pop no telled Nanny 'bout being hewe!"

"He didn't? Well that's not right." Mama tells me.

"No Mama. Tat no wight."

"Why is she calling Richard and Adele her grandparents?" Derek yelled, causing me to shut my eyes in fear.

"Because to Anastasia, they are her grandparents. Not that it's any of your business Dr. Shepherd. I'll talk to you both later, got to feed the baby here." Mama says before carrying me out the door and I opened my eyes.

"Mama has Henry and your bag. You're going to stay with me in my office." Mama says before continuing to walk to her office.