The far-away allies

Mykal

7th February 1640

1800 hours

"Wow, what happened here?' asked Ambassador Harald Anderson, as the European naval task group pulled into Mykal harbour, still with battle damage that ranged from shell craters to broken windows.

Instead of the hustle and bustle of a port, there was virtually none of that, and the ports and streets were deadly quiet, save for Muan marines and provosts patrolling the ports. Giant lights that would have normally streamed in to provide light for the night were off, and the lighthouse of Mykal where dimmed, and not exactly living up to the description of the 'light of the West."

"Yes... they got into a fight of sorts, which explains their frosty attitude." said the admiral of the fleet, even though they were flying diplomatic colours and had a letter of invitation from Ambassador Mugei, they were still stopped five times In Muan Waters, and before that, they were nearly bombed by a Floatplane that thought the evil "Gras Valkans' was back again for round two. 

Luckily, the bomb missed its mark, and the presence of Harriers taking off and zooming towards him dissuaded any more pilots from the floatplane base from carrying out another attack.

"Well, we will park the fleet out of sight, and we will use an AgustaWestland to get you to the aerodrome in Otaheit, you got the package?" said the admiral of the ENS Paris
"Yes, I do." said his counterpart, Ambassador Piotr Zelinsky, as he shouldered the documents and videos. He grabbed the briefcase, and both got onto the AgustaWestland AW159, which took off shortly.

Ainak Aerodrome

7th february 1640

1830 hours

"They've just asked for permission to land, they should be here soon,"  Major Jeffery reported, as a coterie of officers stood up and got ready. One of whom,  technical officer Myrus, couldn't help but sigh, both in worry and with some trepidation at what would come.

It had been a normal day. Well, as normal as it could get, especially after the flashpoints with the Gras Valkan Empire, or, as was increasingly popular amongst the ranks, the 'bastards'.

 The untouched City of Otaheit was found to be quite vulnerable, as a few planes of theirs flew with impunity over Otaheit, dropping bombs over the still brightly lit port city, which then began to burn with flames.

Unfortunately, the pilots then found out that a Muan air defence regiment of the Otaheit garrison was very much ready and out for blood for their lost comrades, and had somehow managed to down one plane, one of five that they had miraculously downed from the combined efforts of their forces.

Upon closer inspection, it turned out to be some type of dive bomber, and according to the folks from the Navy, they believed that it was quite different from the one captured outside Fort Alue, in that this one was lighter and possibly meant for carrier operations, which they would have known given their increasing work in that area.

 Apart from the superstructure, everything about it was mangled and destroyed, chances were there was nothing salvageable from it.

And so he had to study the recovered aircraft that were mostly in a similar shape, save for the one recovered outside Fort Alue. Until he was called by his boss.

"Head down to Ainak, apparently Sir Mugei in Parlpadia has said there is a civilisation that had advanced technology, possibly more advanced than us." said his boss, passing him a file of sorts.

It consisted of blurry pictures in black and white of a squadron of harriers flying across the Parlpadian skies, whilst for comparison, there were a few wyvern overlords in the skies that were seemingly outmatched by the harriers.