The Muan Flashpoint

Muan Leifor-Border

Connovan Outpost

5th February 1640

"Sir, we've received orders from Fort Alue." said a radio operator, as Colonel johns of the 3rd border guards regiment looked at the telegram.

'Leiforian refugees are fleeing from unknown forces, allow refugees in. Message ends." read the radio operator, as moments later, the colonel looked out of the command bunker. He could see quite a good many Leiforian civilians, many with women with children, though there were quite a large number of irregulars and the more formally regulated reserve militia. However, there were quite a few men from the army who seemed to be leading the militia forces.

'Raise the barriers, allow the refugees in." Said the Colonel, as two troops raised the barrier that blocked the road, and moments later, a swarm of civilians and Leiforian infantry in their signature spiked helmets ran across the border. The swarm grew larger, given that this was one of the few serviceable roads that crossed the Muan- Leiforian border.

"Who is your commanding officer, I need to see him!" Yelled one of the Leiforian troops, a similar Colonel, judging by his shoulder boards and the fact he had had a sword.

"I am the most senior here, what happened?" yelled the Colonel, as the Leiforian Colonel looked at him in a panic.

"They've got tanks and half-tracks, they're killing everyone in their path, please, you can't let us go back."

"Well, we let you through, did we not? What happened-" the Leiforian Colonel gave a bitter chuckle, as he handed the colonel a letter, and when the Muan colonel read it, he was horrified that the order was only signed off by a brigadier-general, and everyone else above him did not have a present signature.

"So... what happened, why were the orders signed off by a brigadier-" the Leiforian colonel nearly panicked, and simply cut him off.

"The Leiforian high command was just destroyed, everyone's dead, and our last orders were to make for the border, and deny the enemy from all the assets that they may seek to use. Please, we can help you defend the area." said the colonel, as he loaded a magic revolver. Prior analysis of Leifoiran firearms concluded that their rifles had replaced the propellant with magic gems, and they would likely have a decent knowledge of how to use their Whitefield rifles.

"Woah, slow down, what happened how did the enemy take down the Leiforian high command so fast, it has only been eight days, how did they do so much damage?" asked the Muan colonel worriedly, as he tried to establish what they could potentially face.

"You know, your land ships, right? Well, something like that, but smaller, and more numerous. They also had a lot of trucks, some were armoured, and also bore tracks in the rear compartments. Here, the irregulars saw them." said one of the Leiforian sergeants, one of whom had been leading the irregulars.

Immediately, the colonel began to study the images in front of him, and worriedly processed the information. The sergeant had not entirely been correct in his assessment. It was a tank, but it was too small and poorly armed compared to a proper landship. Yet, they fielded such tanks in large amounts, if it were to be believed, whilst their own land ships were somewhat superior to any sort of land dragon, they could never really achieve the same numerical superiority to their neighbours, and instead sought to rely on a few small , yet highly competent armour divisions that would have been first into Leifor should war ever start.

Or... was it something else? A new type? There were two types of these supposed landships, as far as he could tell. One was a smaller one, with what might have been a rounded turret, and a small gun in the turret, with two machine guns that were not in two sponsons.