Chapter 61

Meant to post earlier but I got distracted 🥲

*A few days later*

"So... Von got you on lock down huh?"

Ari said while playfully rolling her eyes. Normani had her phone propped up on her legs as she laid with her back against the pillows on the bed.

She was currently on facetime with Ari while at Von's house in his room. It had been a couple of days since both her and Ari were released from the hospital. Von seemed to have been doing everything in his power to make sure that Normani was good.

He had spent the last few days taking care of her, catering to her every need, and making sure she was in the best of moods. Von just wanted to make sure that Normani felt okay after everything that went down. And with her attackers still being out on the loose, Von knew he had keep Normani safe at all times.

With that being said, Von made Mani quit her job at Magic once and for all. He made it clear that he did not want her working there anymore. It was just too dangerous according to him. He also didn't want her leaving the house without him being by her side at all. He pretty much refused to ever leave her alone no matter what.

"Yeah I technically am on lockdown."

Mani said while chuckling a bit. Ari just laughed.

"Girl tell me about it. Herb out here thinking he my father n shit. Can you believe this nigga won't let me drive my own car to go to the damn grocery store by myself?"

"Pleaseee Von won't let me use the bathroom by myself. He gotta be standing right there while I pee."

Mani said while rolling her eyes playfully.

Normani felt like right now she finally had some space from Von surprisingly. He was currently downstairs in the living room area with Durk, Muwop, Booka, and a couple of other people he associated with. They were all downstairs having some sort of discussion about something, which she had no interest in being apart of.