The Silence:

Chapter brought to you by an exhausted girl trying to balance life and dunkaroos

Also, Just 3 more chapters at most. I am going to be so sad to part with this story but I cannot wait for our next adventure! I'm still planning it :) it will be tied to this one in a small way. It may take me a few weeks to get it going so bear with me. If I am able i do hope to keep writing. Right now I'm at the mercy of life lol. 

~*~*~*~*~*~

~Lillian~

Summer turned to fall before we knew it. The warm, sunny days changed to cold, gray days with plenty of rain. Elrond and Arwen returned to Rivendell but left their guard in the twins' and Glorfindel's hands. Thranduil stayed, insisting he was doing his part to help Middle-Earth but I knew he wanted to be close to his son. Tulie and I had started a makeshift infirmary in a cabin Aragorn gifted us. I enjoyed assisting in what ways I could. 

       With winter approaching many preparations were being made. More resources were being compiled and packed in case of evacuation. Aragorn feared how silent the enemy was becoming. He called it the calm before the storm.

    My first months of pregnancy were harder than I expected. Legolas was growing more and more uneasy as the days passed slowly. I could feel his anxiety and it tired me easily. I didn't tell him about it.  I started noticing how he shifted nervously at night as if he was ready to leap from our bed at a moment's notice. Not to mention he was growing increasingly protective. I knew the silencing of the enemy bothered him. It bothered me too. I tried not to worry, seeing as I had a husband and two brother's who had assigned themselves the jobs of my bodyguards. If I felt the slightest twinge you could bet on Glorfindel's golden hair they were all over me. Elrohir in particular was keeping an eye on me. I think Elrond had instructed him too.

  ~*~

Legolas blew out the candle and sprinted back to our bed.

"Hurry It's freezing," I giggled.

"Mandos," Legolas chuckled as he slid under the blankets next to me.

I quickly shuffled over and wrapped my arms around him. My legs brushed against his.

"Your feet are freezing!" I whispered.

Legolas tucked the blanket around us and slipped his arm around me, "Sorry," he chuckled.

We snuggled into each and stared up at the ceiling. Legolas rubbed my back and kissed my forehead. I leaned into his hold and tried to absorb as much of his heat as I could.

"You're going to freeze the baby," my husband smirked as he pulled my flush against him.

"Really? Because it's getting warm in here," I kissed him and ran my hands down his chest. 

"You know what," he rolled us over, "I think you're right." Legolas kissed my neck. Just as he ran his hand down my side I felt something.

"Legolas don't," I gasped and grabbed my slightly expanded stomach.

He sat back and looked down at my middle, "What's wrong?"

"I think the baby's moving," I grinned when I felt a flutter. "Give me your hand."

Legolas put his hand on my stomach and let me guide it.

"Right," I slid his hand, "There." I smiled.

Legolas's eyes lit up brighter than I had seen them in weeks. He opened his mouth to say something but quickly shut it.

"That's our baby?" He asked with tears in our eyes.