Battle Of The Woods:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jeremiah 51:20 "You are my war club, my weapon for battle— with you I shatter nations, with you I destroy kingdoms."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Legolas~

Nothing could prepare us for what happened just a day later.

           Lilli and I were walking under the trees when we saw her.

"Arwen!" Lillian squealed as she ran to greet her friend. "We weren't expecting you back so soon!"

"Arwen," I bowed.

"I wish I was here with good news. Ada's scouts have spotted the enemy. They're coming in leagues larger than he expected," She frowned.

Lillian looked at me.

"We'll be ready," I stated.

"I have brought all we can spare," She motioned to the small army behind her.

"Thank you," Lillian hugged her.

"Sis!" Elladan ran from the treeline. The two embraced.

"What are you doing here? You should be home with Ada."

"He sent me," She smiled. "I am a much swifter rider and I am harder to track. Ada sent the third regiment."

Elladan greeted his soldiers and instructed them on what their task was.

Arwen, my wife, and I found aragorn talking with his two captains.

"Arwen!" Aragorn called as he sprinted towards her. The two collided and Arwen laughed as he spun them around. She kissed him and grabbed his hand, "You can't keep me away forever my love. You know this."

"And I am not complaining," He sighed. "I only wish I didn't need to fear for your safety."

"Alright love birds," Lillian cut in.

"I did not come to see you Estel," Arwen began. "Isengard is nearly upon us. They were spotted two days from Rivendell a week ago."

"Two days," I heard myself say.

"Then we have time," Aragorn said with false confidence.

~*~

Lillian sat down on the bed and sighed. I sat beside her in my frozen state of shock.

"Two days," She said.

I nodded.

"I've never fought in a war before."

I looked over at her, "You won't be," I sat up. "You're pregnant. You can't fight."

"Legolas we need all the help we can," She started before I cut her off.

"No!"

She flinched.

"I'm sorry. The baby. You can't fight."

My wife wrapped her arm around me and leaned her head on my shoulder, "What would you have me do?"

I couldn't form a reply for fear the tears would fall.

"I'm going to see Tulie," Lilli stood.

"Please stay," I whispered. "Stay close to me. I need to know you're safe." I grabbed her with tears slurring my words.

Lillian looked at my hand gripping her hip. She nodded and squeezed my hand, "I'll stay close."

I nodded and pulled her into my arms. She sat down next to me. I kissed her stomach and rested my head against it. Lillian combed her fingers through my hair with shaky hands.