Epilogue:

~Legolas~

170 years later I watched the fog roll away to reveal the edge of Valinor. The pain of the last centuries began to leave me. The memories all came together. Every one of them in one string. I saw myself after Lillian's death. The ten years I had locked myself in mirkwood, the five years It had taken just for me to breathe without pain, then the ten more years it took for me to think about her without wanting to collapse. My heart pounded in my chest. The golden light warmed my face as the boat stopped by the white docks.

"Are you sure this will turn out laddie?" Gimli asked while leaning on his axe.

I lept up onto the dock and pulled him up. "I'm positive."

My eyes scanned the area for familiar faces.

"My little leaf," Someone stated. I turned to see someone I had not seen in a long, long time.

"Nana!" I ran and hugged my mother.

"Look at you," She stroked the side of my face. "You're so handsome." She kissed my face, "My son."

"He turned out well," My father appeared and wrapped his arms around my mother's waist. "If I do say so myself."

"Both my boys in the same place," My mother smiled with tears in her eyes.

I hugged my mother with tears. She rubbed my back, "There's someone waiting for you." I looked at my mother.

"Go!" My mother shoved me forwards. "Go find your loves."

I turned around and saw something that nearly brought me to my knees.

It was her. Lillian. She stood a few yards away in a silk dress that blew with the wind. It was the color of fresh snow and glittered in the golden light. Her eyes shone like they had as I remembered and her dark hair was braided back.

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me and swept her off her feet.

"Oh I missed you," I kissed her repeatedly. 

She tangled her hand in my hair and moved her lips back to mine, "I knew we'd find each other. Some elves from Lorien arrived after your fellowship passed through. They told me you were alive and well and that I might expect you soon! I have walked here every day," She smiled with tears in her eyes.

"I am here now," I hugged her. "And we will never be parted again." I looked down and saw a child hiding behind her legs. The small girl had long, brown hair the color of the forest floor after rain and piercing blue eyes.

"Legolas," Lillian stepped back, "This is your daughter, Ellemay."

I knelt down and smiled, "hello there."

Ellemay gasped and hid herself in the skirt of Lilli's dress.

" 'Tis alright little one," Lillian comforted her. "This is your Ada."

Ellemay peaked out at me.

I chuckled as she cocked her head.

"Go on," Lillian nudged her forward.

The tears were flowing freely. To think I had to spend so many years away from my girls caused a pain in my heart.  Ellemay slowly walked towards me. When she was close enough I brushed a bit of sand off her cheek with my thumb. She smiled. I picked her up gently and hugged her, "Ada's here now. I won't let anything bad happen to you ever again," I sighed.

 Lillian was joined by two other's. A very tall ellon with dark hair and sharp eyes and an elleth with dark hair and brown eyes.

"Welcome Legolas," The elleth rushed forward to embrace me. "We've been waiting for you! I am Eilonwy."

"Honey, these are my parents," Lillian nodded to the couple.

Caranthir nodded to me but said nothing. 

I beckoned for Gimli and he shuffled over.

"Lillian this is Gimli," I turned to my dwarf friend, "Gimli this is my wife Lillian, our daughter Ellemay, Caranthir and Eilonwy, and my mother, you've already met my father. My family," I looked at all of them.

"Welcome, elf-friend," Caranthir stated. 

Gimli bowed his head to him.

I was greeted by a few other's including Galadriel. 

She took one look at Gimli and smiled, "I suppose it would be acceptable."

Gimli looked relieved. 

       Lillian put her arm around my waist as we walked up the beach towards the city. Ellemay was in my arms leaning her head against my neck. I kissed her small head.  Once in the city we were met by many elves all excited to be together again. Caranthir led us through the fine city into a quieter section. We came a large estate carved from the same materials but section off by a gold fence.

"Welcome home," Lillian smiled.

"It's good to be home," I kissed her. 

The end.

~*~*~*~*~*~ 

I decided that since elves souls go to valinor Lilli's baby should be allowed to live so hence the cute family reunion. Tbh guys I thought about changing the ending quite a few time but this was the only way I could see this story going. I apologize for the damage.

~*~*~*~

It's over, it's done. I'm so sadddd. I love this story and I will forever cherish it. I hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it. 

Until we meet once again, 

Namarie <3

- Eri.

Ps: New fanfic coming soon :)  This one is for my favorite twin brother who is so underrated it hurts. You guessed it! Elrohir.