Chapter 22

I closed my eyes for minute, just thinking about how life would me without all the crap. Why did Dakota leave me? Why did she had to go? Why do I have to go through all this?

Nurse Kelly came in interrupting my thoughts by walking in,

"Avery, Dr.Breson subscribed some pills to help you sleep better." she said holding a tray with glass of water and the pills container.

I wasn't in the mood to argue so I just took the pills and told her that I needed to sleep.

She switched off the lights and left, all sudden my eyes got so heavy and before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

**

I woke up feeling sharp pain in my head, I glanced up at the clock and it was 11:30pm.

I quickly stood realizing that I spent my entire day sleeping, my body was suffering from muscular pains. I sighed exhaustedly, I moved my head to the right and noticed a shadow outside my window. My heart raced, is it who I think it is? I questioned as I forcefully moved myself walking towards the window, it's not really window. It's more like a mini balcony.

My heart was racing and my palms were getting sweaty.

I violently moved the curtains as it relieved a muscular body wearing a white tank top and black sweat pants.

"Mason?" I whispered, then I realized that he was standing on the edge of the balcony.

He didn't turn around, I panicked and quickly pulled him back despite how weak I felt.

Mason was trying to kill himself.

He stood looking emotionless and pale.

"What the heck?" I yelled.

He looked at me with those eyes that filled with sorrow and pain which made my heart sink.

He wasn't the cocky bastard form the morning, he was more like in pain.

First encounter he was a cocky ass then on the second encounter he was about to kill himself.

"I..." he whispered, his face looked so ghostly.

I didn't know what to do so I just...hugged him.

I could tell that I caught him off guard, I stood for minute then I felt his hands wrap around my back.

And we just hugged silently, I could feel his heart beats fast.

"Can...you take me to my room?" he whispered in my ear. I nodded and just held his hands, as we walked across the hall to his room. We walked to his room and as we entered I noticed that his windows were chained and locked.

His table was scattered with papers and books. I noticed a guitar in the conner and his sheets were white and unmade.

He laid down the bed still pale, I also noticed his night stand filled with pills and crumbled papers.

"Do you need anything?" I asked pulling covers on his body.

He shook his hand, as I was about to move I felt mason grabbing my hands and pulling me back.

I stated at him and his softly whispered, "Thank you"

I smiled and nodded, "Your welcome"

I walked out wasn't expecting that at all.

**

I was more cooperate with nurse Kelly this morning so we got down for breakfast early. Lila saw me and sat next to me, "So how are you finding this place?"