CH41: Perry? No, Parry

Prison life wasn't exactly treating Perry well. In fact, he had never felt worse, even when he was working for Ozpin. And yet, he couldn't help but be giddy about his new life. Sure, he could have gotten an amazing job interning under the second greatest huntsman in history, who is second only to himself, mind you, and he could have been retiring by the time he was in his thirty's. Solid, right?

Nope.

Perry hated materialism, capitalism, everything that pointed towards money being the root of your problems. He hated money as a whole. If you had money, it granted status, prestige, and comfort. If you didn't? Well, I hope you can sleep on concrete comfortably. Perry had always shot for making big bucks and enjoying life as he aged. The funny part is that as he aged, he realized that making money sucks because you have to spend ridiculous amounts of your time and even more money to make money.

That's probably the root of his love for the crime life. Money didn't matter. In fact, it was better to not have money. Criminals with money were targets for more criminals without money. When Perry joined, he thought that the stress would turn his sad, dull life into something he could find entertainment in. Instead?

He found happiness. Not through family, or material, but through freedom. The crime life meant leaving everything behind and started anew as a bottom of the barrel low-life.

And Perry loved every part of it.

It's not like he didn't anticipated getting tossed in the slammer. In fact, prison was a given, and he accepted that. What he didn't accept, was getting skewered by a psychopathic white girl. That still left a sour taste in his mouth. Though, maybe the sour taste was the memory of his own blood pouring into his mouth. That was a fun experience before waking up in a hospital bed, then getting roughed up and thrown into a cell.

But it wasn't all bad. Nobody knew that he was a fed. Well, he was an ex fed. Not really a fed actually, more like an analyst for feds. The details don't matter. Actually, the details matter quite a lot, as we'll be finding out momentarily.

In the prison cafeteria, Perry was enjoying his pork and beans that practically look like they were vomited up by a sacrificial goat. He was sitting quietly in a random group of inmates, as all of his fellow henchmen were still recovering from that demon's attack. Across the cafeteria, shouting ensued. The shouting was followed by multiple chuckles. The laughter abruptly stopped as a loud thud rang out. Perry finally looked up from his pork and beans, but there was already a large crowd forming. The guards weren't doing jack shit, some were recording from under the table.

Perry: What's happening?

An inmate excitedly tapped the table with his index finger. He seemed insane, but he was the only person that looked normal enough to be sociable.

Inmate: Fights gotten out between big C and some guy. That dip shit probably ran his mouth to big C and got folded.

Perry: Hmm.

Across the table, another inmate looked up at Perry with unease. His face cycled through caution, then anger, then to a slight scowl. He slammed the table in front of Perry to get his attention.

Inmate2: Hey, I recognize your voice. You a fed?

Perry ignored that weirdly specific voice recognition opener.

Perry: Would I be in here if was a fed?

Inmate2: Don't bullshit me. I remember hearing your voice during my interrogation. You're the one that ratted me out to the coffee sucking bitch.

Perry chuckled at the jab towards Ozpin. Slowly, more and more inmates grew angry, all shooting glares at him. Some were already cracking their knuckles, as if something like that would intimidate a fed.