CH31: RWBY, JNPR, and... What?

After the events of the initiation, all the examinees were now gathered in the auditorium to be split into teams. Those that weren't assigned a team would be sent home with a pat on the back from Goodwitch and a middle finger from Ozpin.

Speaking of Ozpin, he's, well... going through a few issues at the moment. From within his office at the top of Beacon, some bullheads could here the argument between him and Goodwitch.

Ozpin: Glynda, we can't just send him home. Did you even see him? He killed a B tier Grimm!

Glynda: Cardin Winchester landed the final blow.

Ozpin: Which is exactly why we can't send them home. Don't you see the opportunity here? Neopolitan, the only utility based illusionist we've seen in how many years? Cardin Winchester, a child that is so strong, he could probably spar with the trees in the garden.

Glynda: Cardin is a loose cannon.

Ozpin: Once again, that's precisely why. Glynda, why is Cardin here?

Glynda typed out a few things on her scroll and pulled up Cardin's file. The recency of his mother's hospitalization and his father's lack of help spoke for itself. Not to mention, the operation was led by the White Fang.

Glynda: He's out for revenge.

Ozpin: And if he doesn't train now, he'll find them, die, and then we have to deal with an entire new problem. Kristoff!

Goodwitch scoffed at the mention of him.

Glynda: He's not that bad.

Ozpin gave her a deadpan face.

Glynda: Okay maybe he's a bit much.

Ozpin gave her the Rock eyebrow raise.

Glynda: Yeah, you're right.

Ozpin: Honestly, it's a blessing that the man is over in Atlas. I don't care if it's delaying my case, so long as I don't have to speak to him.

Goodwitch pulled up a few more files on her tablet. This time, it was Y/n and Neopolitan.

Glynda: Okay, fine, Cardin. But Y/n and the girl? Are we seriously going to break the rules for raw talent?

Ozpin: We've done it before.

Glynda: And it broke a family!

She slammed her hands on Ozpin's desk.

Ozpin: *sigh* I'm aware of what happened to her.

Glynda: You're damn right you are.

Once again, Ozpin pressed his case.

Ozpin: But Y/n is different. He's magic.
No more specific semblances or genetic abilities, just pure magic. This could be huge for us.

Glynda: Seriously? You can't just pull that card anytime you want to break your own rules!

Ozpin: They're the council's rules, Glynda. If I had my way, things around here would be far more different.

With an exasperated sigh, Goodwitch took a seat in front of Ozpin's desk.

Glynda: Since there's no convincing you, I'll just let it go. Besides, it would be nice to have another witch around here.

Ozpin: I feel as though the last name jokes may be getting to you.

Glynda: Maybe they are. How many vacation days do I have?

Ozpin: Oh, you don't get those.

She shot up from her seat.

Glynda: Why not?!