CH22: Wait a Minute, You're Underage

3rd POV:

Cardin: So, who are you?

He was in the restroom with the blonde guy that Ruby knew. If she was serious about harvesting him, then he was determined to at least know the guy before his sacrifice to Ruby's obsession with sacrifices. They both were freshening up for the night. Change into pajamas, brush your teeth, take a leak, that sort of thing.

He wasn't exactly built, but there was some semblance of training there. Skinny at best, but considering the warnings Ozpin gave them, that won't last. Blonde flat hair with dark blue eyes. His pajamas were questionable, but a fun questionable. The Pumpkin Pete bunny was on the front of his light blue onesie.

Blondie: Jaune Arc.

Cardin: Arc as in the warrior bloodline from Mistral? Man, that must suck. I was lucky enough to have a family that didn't care about how weak I was.

Jaune: Was that an insult...?

Cardin: Sort of. Cardin Winchester, nice to meet you.

Jaune: Ohh, that's what you meant about the whole family things. Aren't you guys-

He stopped himself, realizing that calling the second coming of Gigachad's family racist wasn't the best ice breaker. Fortunately, Cardin is... acceptant when is comes to his family's reputation.

Cardin: Yes, they are. I'm different. Raised by my mother, who married in.

Jaune: Did your father leave?

Cardin: He wasn't all that present, but that doesn't matter. What I'm interested in is why you're attending Beacon.

Jaune: What?

Cardin: Don't give me that house duty crap. Everyone has a purpose for coming here. Some are simply, for lack of a better word, darker than others.

He paused, taking a moment to look in the restroom mirror like he was the main character of an anime.

Jaune: Don't know, honestly.

Cardin: Well that's a first. Most people have some kind of calling.

He looked down in shame. Cardin was taken aback by how quickly the boy assumed everything was an insult.

'How low is this guy's self esteem?'

Cardin: Woah, it's not a jab at you. It's fine to want to be good for goodness sake.

Jaune: Weird way of calling someone gullible, but I'll take it.

Cardin: I'm honestly surprised you know what gullible means.

He put his hand out to Jaune. The blonde boy smiled and shook it like his life depended on it.

Cardin: I'll see you tomorrow Jaune.

Jaune: You sound so certain I'll pass.

Cardin: You will. Just maybe don't hang out with Ruby anymore, for your sake.

Jaune: Ugh, dude! She's two years younger than us!

Cardin: What? Ohhhhhh! Ew! That's not what I- Just don't talk to her man, for your personal safety.

Jaune: Uhm, sure.

He said, knowing full well that he would talk to Ruby again. What could be so bad? Well, she said that he had a nice heart, which he assumed was a compliment, then there was the comments about his kidney. As a narrator, I'm not supposed to communicate, but if I could, I'd smack him.

Cardin, running out of things to talk about, walked out of the restroom in his baggy Punisher T-shirt and pajama pants. On the way out, he noticed the absence of the edgelord from earlier.