chapter twenty

Navy had received a call from an unknown number after the interview, and she was kind of glad the person called.

Nix disappeared from New York a few days before the interview.

Nobody knew where she was, whether she was alive or not, but they could all hope for the best. They could all hope that she'd come back safe and sound.

But Nix, or Navy, wasn't planning on visiting her hometown anytime soon.

"Hello, I'm here for the interview," Navy said as she stood in front of the reception of a huge building.

"You are here to see CEO Lee, correct?" the woman asked, a small smile on her face.

"Yes, I have an interview scheduled with the CEO for noon," Navy replied.

"Could I just see your ID? We always keep tabs on the people that enter the corporation's building." the woman questioned, and Navy slid her new ID across the marble counter, "You may proceed to the twelfth floor, Miss Chen."

"Thank you," Navy said before making her way to the elevator. She found the whole security measure thing hilarious, but wouldn't question it. She was here for the job, anyway, not to snoop around.

"You are here for the interview, right?" a man, probably about Navy's age, asked.

"Yes," Navy bowed a little before continuing, "I'm Chen Xiyang, nice to meet you, sir." she politely greeted.

"How old are you, Chen? You can't be older than me." the man questioned.

"I'm twenty-one," Navy replied, "I'm twenty-one too, so don't bow to me. I'm Na Jaemin, by the way. I'm CEO Lee's secretary." the boy smiled at her. He sure was the cheery type.

The two made small talk until it was time for Navy's interview. Jaemin waited for her outside.

"I was going to hire you anyway, but I needed to interview you first." CEO Lee smiled at Navy and got up from his chair, Navy quickly followed his actions, "Do you have any questions for me?"

"How did you get my number?" Navy questioned.

"I was looking for someone trustworthy, and Jungwoo mentioned that his girlfriend's friend is suitable for the job," her new boss replied, "That friend turned out to be you, Navy."

"Well, I'm glad people talk good about me," Navy smiled politely as he guided her to the door, "What's your Korean name? I don't want to go around calling you Mark."

"It will take a while for us to get on a first-name basis, but my Korean name is Minhyung," Mark replied. He already knew her chinese name, and he assumed she wouldn't change it and would just go by Xiyang.

"How'd it go boss? Do you like her?" Jaemin stood up as soon as he saw the two exit Mark's office.

"I know her from before," Mark said, making Jaemin's jaw drop.

"And you didn't tell me?" Jaemin pointed at Navy, who just shrugged in response, "I thought we were besties."

"I've known you for an hour, though," Navy said but it sounded more like a question than a statement.

"You start work tomorrow at eight in the morning, so don't be late," Mark told the girl so she could go home and get some rest while he dragged Jaemin in to see if he had any free schedules next week.

"It's only been a week, but I guess there would be no harm if I went out tonight," Navy told herself when she entered her new apartment. The girl was loaded from the money she had received while being the number one hero of New York, even though she had that title for a short period.

Nix never thought she'd see that guy again, so it came as no surprise when she launched herself at the masked hero.

"What are you doing here, Spidey?" Nix asked excitedly.

"Don't act so surprised, Nix," Spiderman hugged the vigilante tightly, "I am your new boss, after all."

"Well, in my defense, I thought you'd drop your heroic acts and focus on your career as the CEO of Lee Corporation," Nix threw her hands in the air.

"What if I told you I came out tonight to see if you'd show up?" the hero slowly started making his way over to the vigilante, who started mimicking his movements backwards.