chapter twelve

A few days had passed, and Navy's wounds were starting to close well. Spiderman had told her to lay low for a few weeks, or until he was sure all her wounds were healed.

Navy was never the type to listen to someone's orders, but then again, Spiderman could body her and beat her up if she didn't listen to him, and that wasn't a risk she was willing to take.

"Should we go to the movies tomorrow?" Willow asked as the two girls exited the lecture hall.

"Wouldn't you rather go out with Jungwoo?" Navy wiggled her eyebrows. She had to be cautious around Willow because she knew the girl would catch onto her wounds if she ever let it slip, but so far, Navy was doing a great job at hiding her little secret from her closest friend.

"Are you accusing me of neglecting you for Jungwoo?" Willow faked a hurt expression, which made them both laugh.

"What I'm trying to say, is that you should not be wasting time on me on such a nice evening," Navy defended herself, "Go out with Jungwoo, have fun, and we can hang out some other time."

"Haechan is coming with his girlfriend, and Mark will also be there," that perked Navy's interest more than she let on. Mark reminded her so much of Spiderman, but she couldn't possibly go up and ask him if he was the number one hero in New York. Navy knew that Spiderman rarely stepped into contact with women, at least when he was protecting the city, so if she were to ask him, it would raise more suspicion than she'd want.

"I am free tomorrow evening, I thought you were trying to squeeze me in to go out with you and Jungwoo or only you," Navy admitted. She was quite glad that Willow found someone like Jungwoo, and she'd never get tired of admitting that to Willow, even though the other had already told her a few times that Navy was way more important than some guy she had a crush on and is now dating.

Tomorrow came sooner than Navy thought, and that was probably because she was finally getting some sleep and wasn't pulling all-nighters every other day. She finally felt refreshed after a long time of having no days off to properly take care of herself.

"I will be there in a few minutes, is everyone there already?" Navy had a habit of either getting somewhere too early or running late. So when she heard that Haechan and his girlfriend weren't there yet, Navy felt relief wash over her because she wasn't going to be the one they'd all have to wait for.

"Hi guys," Navy greeted and stood next to Willow, who immediately grabbed her hand and probably had no intentions of letting it go anytime soon.

"Did you sleep well? You seem much more energized than usual." Willow noted as she looked at her best friend, as well as her appearance.

"I've actually had more time to myself for the last few days or so, so I've been sleeping a lot more than usual," Navy nodded, proving Willow's assumptions true, "And since exam season is around the corner, I'm trying to sleep as much as I can, because I will probably have to pull all-nighters again soon, so this is my last chance to refresh myself."

Jungwoo noticed the way Mark was looking at the youngest, and pulled him to the side, excusing them by saying he had to ask Mark something personal.

"Why do you keep staring at her like that?" Jungwoo questioned.

"Staring at her like what?" Mark asked, confusion evident in his voice.

"Like you two have fucked or something," Jungwoo stated as if it was painfully obvious, "I don't care if you two fucked or not, I would be happy for you, of course, because she's one of a kind and you probably won't be able to find someone like her, but you have to tell me because she's Willow's best friend."

"What are you on about?" Mark became awfully defensive, "We haven't fucked, hell, I don't even know the girl."

"I'm just making sure, alright?" Jungwoo threw his hands up.

"Whatever," Mark mumbled. He had to be more careful, because if Jungwoo had caught up,m then Haechan would as well, and that would be a big problem for Mark.

Sure, he might've looked at her as if he was judging her whole existence, or as if they'd fucked before, but that was far from the truth.

The only thing Mark wanted to figure out was whether the girl in front of him was the best vigilante he knew, or if he was just slowly starting to lose his mind.