chapter nine

"Hi, Jungwoo," Willow greeted the boy who was waiting for her outside of her lecture hall.

"Hi, Willow," Jungwoo smiled as he saw Navy trail behind the older girl, "Hi, Navy." he greeted her.

"Huh?" Navy looked up from her phone, and it was a good thing she did, because if not, she and Haechan would both be on the floor from the impact of the collision, "Hi, guys." she greeted as her lips formed a thin line. It was clear as day that the girl was embarrassed, but nobody was looking at her, so it went unnoticed.

"You're free tonight, right?" Willow asked, her hand in Jungwoo's.

"Yes." Navy prolonged her answer as if she was skeptical of Willow's question. Willow wasn't the type to just ask her something like that out of the blue, at least not for that day. She'd always make plans a few days ahead, which Navy liked because she could plan her schedule based on Willow's plans.

"Jungwoo and I thought that it would be a great idea to get dinner together, and by that I mean our friend group," Willow replied with a soft smile, making sure that Navy wasn't pressured into saying yes to her offer, "Do you want to join? I had you in mind for my friend group, and Jungwoo said that both Haechan and his other best friend were free today."

Navy needed a few minutes to think about Willow's sudden proposal. It was already past six in the evening, and she would have to patrol the streets at least two hours before midnight. She didn't have a lot of spare time on her hands, and she didn't want to miss out on getting to know Willow's crush, but she didn't want to ruin their dinner time with his friends by leaving soon.

"I can stay until nine at most," Navy stated after a while, making Willow's eyes light up, her lips curving into a beautiful smile that showed her pearl-white teeth.

"That's perfect! We were thinking of going to a club later or something, but you can stay as long as you like," Willow linked her arm with Navy's, "I want you to come."

"We still need to wait for Mark. His lecture just ended, so he'll be here in five minutes." Jungwoo noted as he looked through his messages with Mark. The boy came five minutes later, panting a bit as he stopped right next to Haechan.

"Sorry I'm late, guys," Mark said in between deep breaths as he tried to stabilize his breathing pattern.

"No worries, Mark. We only waited ten minutes." Jungwoo reassured the younger and patted his back a few times.

"Ten minutes? You could've just left without me, I would've caught up." Mark replied, guilt lacing his words. He hated when someone had to wait on him, let alone four people, out of which he didn't know two.

"Whatever." Haechan rolled his eyes, "Girls, this is Mark Lee, Mark, this is Willow," Haechan said as he stretched his palm out towards the older girl, "And that's Navy." Haechan finished.

"Hi, I'm Mark," the boy shook their hands one by one, "Nice to meet you, and sorry for the wait."

"It's no problem, really," Willow replied.

"Let's get going, then," Jungwoo stated once he saw Navy's expression.

She couldn't figure him out. The feeling of his hand when he shook hers, felt so oddly familiar, yet she couldn't think of where she felt it. But her gut told her that she didn't just touch his palm for the first time.

And he felt the same. Her eyes were so dark he could've sworn they were black like obsidian, yet the lights reflected in them like stars in the clear midnight sky.

His touch, it feels like Spidey's.

Her eyes, they're the same as Nix's.

But there was no way that the other was who they compared them to, right? They wouldn't meet each other in such circumstances, in real life. It was impossible.

And yet, after nine, they both had to go, excusing themselves at the same time, and leaving one after the other. Navy caught up to the boy, who was conveniently taking the same route as her, but it looked like he was going to turn the left corner where she would continue straight.

"Mark!" Navy called out, making the said boy turn around at the sound of his name being called by such an alluring voice.

"Do you need something?" Mark questioned once he was sure that the girl was close enough to hear him, "I'm kind of in a hurry, so please make it quick."

"Have we met before?" Navy asked.

"Sorry?" Mark questioned back. He couldn't just say that he didn't know, because it felt like he knew her, but at the same time, he had never spoken to the girl before.

"Nothing," Navy replied and shook her head. She didn't know why, but there was a slight feeling of disappointment as the words left his lips, "I just felt like we knew each other from somewhere, but I guess I was wrong. Have a good night." Navy turned around and started walking in the direction of her apartment.

"Goodnight to you too, Navy." Mark smiled as he watched her leaving figure.

For some reason, it felt like he had seen her walk away a hundred times before, but she wasn't wearing anything similar to her outfit now.

"It's you, isn't it?" Mark asked.

"It's you Spidey, is it not?" Navy questioned herself as if she was unsure of the answer. Maybe she didn't want to know.

"I know it's you, Nix, there's no way I wouldn't recognize you." Mark turned around and continued walking.

"I know the way your eyes look at mine." Navy scoffed. But even though she was in denial, and Mark himself wasn't sure whether to believe his eyes or not, their thoughts were the same.

"There's no way that any other touch could make me feel like yours."