chapter three

"Navy, do you want to go shopping later?" one of Navy's closest friends, Willow, questioned as the two made their way to the last lecture of the day, management.

Both girls took the business and management course at NCIT, and they were well-known around their part of the campus, mainly for their beauty and for the fact that they did not care about what others thought. They were like the golden duo of the business department at NCIT, and their grades proved the point.

"We have no assignments for next week, right?" Navy asked as she fished out her phone.

"No," Willow replied as they entered the lecture hall.

"Then sure. I need a few things anyway." Navy smiled as she sat at the very back of the hall.

"Excuse me," a girl came into view as she stood right in front of the two girls, "That's my seat."

"Is your name written on it?" Willow asked sarcastically.

"No, but everyone in this class knows that this is my seat, and just because you jumped to this class from sophomore class doesn't mean you are smarter than us." the girl fired back, her two friends backing her up, "And you, how dare you talk back to me, Willow? We used to be close before this bitch came along."

"Nice to know that people can change for the better, don't you agree?." Navy wasn't going to move for someone as arrogant as her. Willow had informed her about this girl beforehand, telling her how no one dared stand in her way and would always do as she said.

"Move it, bitch." the girl sneered in her direction.

"Do you hear something, Willow?" Navy asked, looking at her friend.

"I thought I heard a dog barking, but dogs aren't allowed inside the buildings," Willow looked the girl up and down before continuing, "I don't know how it managed to get in."

"You will pay for that." the girl yelled as she pointed to the two.

"Okay. Do you want me to buy you a new leash or a pack of dog biscuits?" Navy asked and pretended to search the price of those products online, "The leash is too expensive for a foul mouth like yours. I will buy you shit instead." she smiled sweetly at the fuming girl, "Now then, be a good dog and run away from my sight."

"And you two are the so-called golden duo. A golden duo my ass." the girl made it look like she wanted to leave as soon as she made her uninteresting remark, her head held up high.

"Have you ever thought that we're a bit mean?" Willow asked quietly when the girl was out of sight.

"Absolutely," Navy turned her head to the professor that entered the hall, "not."

The lecture went by pretty fast for the two girls, and before they knew it, they were dismissed.

"Thank God, Saturday's tomorrow." Willow expressed as she stretched her arms above her head, yawning in the process.

"I will probably be out of town again," Navy told her friend.

"Where are you going?" Willow questioned as the two entered the subway.

"I have some business in Washington to attend to," Navy replied as she texted someone.

"You always leave me to party alone during the weekends," Willow whined while gripping Navy's arm, making her swat the older off.

"I wouldn't go partying with you even if I was in town." Navy scoffed.

"Whatever. Let's have fun while we can." Willow began dragging the poor girl, and since she was looking back, her body collided with something. Or rather, someone.