chapter eighteen

"You wanted to meet, Spidey?" Nix asked as she passed through the locked door that led to the rooftop of the One World Trade Center.

"You came," Spiderman noted, not sparing the vigilante a glance.

"It sounded urgent," Nix replied as she sat next to him on the edge.

"Do you remember, months ago, when you told me that I could come to you if something was bothering me?" Spiderman asked and Nix nodded for him to continue, "I didn't ask you to come here and listen to my problems, I asked you to come so I could tell you something."

"Well, by your tone it still is a problem," Nix chuckled as she overlooked the rooftops she became accustomed to over her years of serving as one of the main saviors of New York.

"I'm leaving New York," Spiderman started making the vigilante stare at him in shock.

"What?" she growled, and Spiderman would be lying if he said he wasn't intimidated, "What did you just say?"

"Months ago, you said you could read me like a book, and when I asked you, you said that it seem as if I wanted to choose but I didn't have a second option to choose from," Spiderman said, recalling the spring night when the two talked. Everything seemed so peaceful back then as if nothing would change, "And you were right. I want to choose, but I don't have a second option. I don't have the option of staying here."

"Where are you going?" Nix asked. She couldn't meet the hero's eyes. She didn't want to.

"Seoul. I leave tomorrow," Spiderman replied, "My mom assigned me as the new CEO of the Korean branch of Lee Corporation."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Nix's voice broke. For the first time, she was appearing vulnerable in front of somebody.

"I couldn't. I wanted to, but I couldn't bring myself to tell you," Spiderman raised her chin with his palm, making her look at him, "I'm sorry."

He didn't know what took over him, but he suddenly brought her in for a hug.

"What are you doing?" Nix asked when she felt fabric slide off of something, "Spidey, stop."

"I can't hide it from you forever." the boy said as he took her shoulders and moved away.

Nix couldn't believe her eyes. She couldn't believe that it was him behind that mask. It was impossible.

"Hi, my name is Ma-"

"Mark Lee." Nix finished his sentence.

"You know me?" Mark questioned, tilting his head to the side.

"Yes, I know you," Nix smiled sadly at the boy before her, "I never thought it would be you behind the mask." she chuckled bitterly.

"What does that mean?" the boy questioned again.

"I would've recommended you somebody for your company long ago, but I guess I can do it now," Nix said as she took out her phone and entered her contacts list. She clicked on one of the contacts and showed him the number, "Navy Chen. You know her, right?" Nix asked, and when the boy nodded she continued, "She's in the business and management course, one of the best students there."

"You know her?" Mark asked as he took a photo of her contact.

"A friend of a friend, you could say. But now I understand why you asked if I knew someone that could be a good manager. She's the perfect fit if you ask me." Nix praised the girl as if she knew her in real life.

"I'll keep that in mind." Mark smiled at the masked vigilante one more time before she stood up and put her hand out.

"As much as we could both cry right now, I cried while watching a movie today, and there are no more tears in my eye sockets," Nix smirked under her mask, "So let's go kick some ass together."

The two worked together and managed to stop three bank robberies around the city.

"This isn't the last time, right?" Spiderman asked as the two stood opposing each other.

"No, there will never be a last time if we always find each other."