Broken Promises

"NOOOOOO!" I screamed, climbing back down the ladder, "YOU PROMISED!"

"FLAIRE!" Finnick screamed.

"I'm here, I'm here," I shouted, "hold on to me."

"FLAIRE!" Johanna yelled, climbing down to reach me.

"They've got my leg," Finn cried desperately.

"Hold onto me," I repeated.

I felt his hands cuff my wrists and grip on.

"Three....two....one," I said, hoisting him upwards but it was no use as my body didn't have the strength.

"Hold onto me," Jo said, "Gale, Katniss, help us!"

"On three," Gale said, "one....two....three!"

The mutts lost their grasp and we began to climb back up. I didn't get a chance to see Finnick's leg but I knew it was bad. With all the power I had in my body I pulled him back up.

"Nightlock," Katniss murmured.

Johanna grabbed onto me as Gale took Finnick. The remaining members of the squad sprinted to avoid the holo's explosion. But we only ran towards more danger s there had been more traps set out for us. Peacekeepers awaited and they were armed. Of course they were armed! Suddenly bright cylinders began appearing from the ceiling as we were attempting an escape. They blasted rays that caused people to be turned into dust. Holy shit. Gale was keeping close hold of Finnick thank god and me and Jo were running together. Dodging what we could. Just when I thought we'd be okay the floor began to churn upwards becoming rubble beneath our feet. It was all happening far too quickly for me to comprehend. That's when ,e amd Johanna jumped tumbling the floor, narrowly escaping the floor. I sprinted to Finnick and helped Gale support his body weight.

"Look at me! Look at me!" Katniss snapped, cupping Peeta's face.

I thought she was going to carry on talking but to my surprise she kissed Peeta Mellark on the lips. That was no fake for the cameras. I watched as Gale's face dropped.

"Stay with me," she murmured.

"Always," he replied.

They got up and the rest of us carried on running, following Cressida who said she knew a way. There were wanted posters still about every which way as we waited outside a door.

"That was stupid!" Gale shouted, at me, "What you did back there. We all could've died."

"We all nearly died anyway and you promised me you'd keep him alive and safe," I spat back.

"I didn't realise that meant killing the whole mission in the process," Gale replied.

"You were going to let him die!" I screamed.

"I'm here," Finnick murmured, "I'm here."

"Yeah I was, but we couldn't do much!" Gale said.

"Couldn't do much??? We just saved his life!" I replied, the anger inside me bubbling even more.

"Stop it," Katniss warned, "we have bigger problems. I'm sorry Flaire and you Finnick."

"It's fine," Finnick said, "what you were going to do was smart."

"No it wasn't," I said, clicking my tongue.

"It's okay," he whispered in my ear, "I'm here, you're here, we're getting through this.."

"Let me look at your leg," I whispered as his body slumped to the floor.

Slowly I lifted what fabric was left of his suit to reveal a very battered looking blood-covered leg. The gash was huge and very deep. It would also be very prone to infection. Great! That was just great.

"Stop fussing," Finnick groaned.

"Fussing?" I snapped, slightly annoyed that he didn't see how much I cared, "I'm trying to help you. If this gets infected, you die and if you die... I can't live without you."

"Flaire, calm down," he winced as I touched the wound, "I'm fine."

I looked up raising my eyebrows, making Finnick chuckle lightly.

"What?" I asked.

"You can't raise one eyebrow," he laughed, tentatively touching my cheek.

"Why is that funny?" I tutted.

"Not funny, just cute," he smiled.

"Someone's coming," Peeta whispered as a shadowy figure came towards the door.

"We need to move lovebirds," Jo said, swinging her axe over her shoulder.

We all followed Cressida in and I got a good look at the figure. She was tall and looked like a tiger. She had stripes and whiskers and even a flatter nose. She scared me slightly, but she looked strong and fierce. Katniss immediately threatened her, getting her bow and arrow out but Cressida told her to stand down.

"Tigris do you remember me?" She said, "I'm with Plutarch's underground and we need your help."

She smiled briefly at me as she lead us to a trap door under a rug.

"I know you," Katniss said suddenly, "you were a stylist in the games."

"Until Snow decided I wasn't pretty enough anymore," she said. Her voice was beautiful.

"I'm here to kill him," Katniss told her.

Tigris only smiled as she pointed down a set of stairs under her shop.The area was small, dimly lit and cosy. I helped Finn down onto a little mattress as Cressida came over.

"He's going to need stitches," she sighed.

I nodded in agreement as I heard Pollux crying. My heart shattered, he'd lost his brother.

"Hey," I whispered, "it's gonna be okay. I lost my brother too, a long time ago. I know how you feel."

He nodded slowly, crying some more.

"I made it up, all of it," Katniss said suddenly, "there is no special mission from Coin, only my plan. Everyone that is dead is dead because of me. I lied to them-"

"We know. We all knew. Do you really believe that Jackson believed you had those orders," Cressida asked, "she trusted Boggs who clearly wanted you to go on."

"I never meant for any of this to happen," she said, tears running down her cheeks.

"We can't help what was meant to be," I murmured.

"She has a point for once," Johanna laughed.

"How can you laugh at a time like this?" Gale said.

"Hey," she said, "sometimes that's all you can do."

"I failed you all," Katniss whispered, "I killed them... I nearly killed Finnick. I'm sorry Pollux, I'm so sorry."

"Glimmer, Marvel, Mags, Clove, Wiress, Rue." Peeta said slowly, "what do all of those deaths mean?"

Katniss remained silent.

"They mean that out lives we're never ours," he explained, "the was no real life because we didn't have any choice. Our lives belong to Snow and our deaths do too. But if you kill him Katniss, if you end this. All those deaths, they mean something. Cinna, Boggs, Castor, Jackson... they chose this. They chose you."

***
I haven't updated in ages, sorry about that
You KNEW there was no way I'd kill off Finnick
PEETA'S SPEECH 😭😭😭😭😭
Hope your enjoying 💗💗