She Sure Is The Mockingjay

I squinted my eyes shut. Where was Finnick? I needed Finnick. I took a deep breath and opened my eyes. I looked at the beam and didn't think. I got a sudden adrenaline rush and felt my legs begin to sprint towards the second running across the beam. And then I did the worst thing I could've done... I looked down. Fear and panic immediately infected my body and I realised how high it was. The cries from the people were getting closer now though. What could I do?

"You can do it, I believe in you Flaire."

And so I sprinted over and managed to get myself to the other building. There was no use trying to saw the beam off because it was made of pure metal. I'd be dead before I got halfway through. I began jumped from rooftop to rooftop nearly always loosing my footing. At this point I was as anxious as hell. I could hear the voices nearer and I had to resort to plan be. Kill them all. Tactically, of course. I grabbed my first knifes and threw it at one of the simulator people's who then disintegrated. I swiftly moved over to another hiding place to throw four more knives, each hitting a different person. Unfortunately the simulator or rather Coin had figured out my tactics as a man came up behind me. I quickly began running back towards the beam but he dragged me to the floor. I used all the strength to punch and kick him off of me before I pushed him off of the roof. There was only one left and I was ready. Well I thought I was. All of a sudden I lost my footing and only just caught myself on the beams. I clung to them for dear life before I realised that I was in a simulator. So I let go and fell into darkness.

***
I opened my eyes as I felt myself crash to the floor. I quickly stood up and dusted myself off, before exiting. I immediately ran into Finnick's open arms, nearly knocking him over.

"What happened?" He panicked.

"It was horrible," I said, "I was on a talk building but then I thought of you and I was okay and then at the end I let go and fell and it was so confusing."

"Woah, hey," he said, "breathe sweetie, breathe."

"Will Finnick Odair please report for individual assessment?"

"I don't have to go," he said, "I'll stay with you-"

"No, go," I breathed, "I'll be fine, I promise."

He slowly nodded and let go of my body and I watched as he walked through the dreaded doors, not breaking eye contact with me until they shut. I quickly made my way to the hospital where I found Johanna, who looked to be in a better state now.

"Flaire!" She yelled, "what happened?"

"It's horrible that simulator," I said.

"Oh Lord what did they do to you?" She asked.

"Heights," I gulped.

"How can they be allowed to do this!?" Jo exclaimed.

"It doesn't matter. How are you?" I asked.

"Fine, just triggered back some memories you know?" She whispered, shakily.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"Did Katniss make it out?" Johanna asked.

"I was going to ask you," I shrugged, "I watched her get into the room but that's as far as I saw her go."

"Fingers crossed," she shrugged.

"What's she actually gone to do?" I asked.

"I don't know," Johanna replied, "I planted a seed that could've grown into anything."

"You two best come with me," came a recognisable voice. Boggs. Oh shit.

***
He lead us to Coin's meeting room. Boy would this be fun. Sat in her chair was the President Coin with Plutarch by her side. There back were towards us as they watched a big screen that had Katniss on it.

"She's mythic," the woman breathed.

"At the front lines, surviving gunshot wounds, couldn't have staged it better myself," he shrugged.

"Staged?" I said raising my eyebrows, "this isn't a theatre production Heavensbee."

"Though it'd be lovely to get one round here some times," Jo shrugged, "you know to spruce up the dullness. A bit of Macbeth never hurt anyone did it?"

"Flaire, Johanna, glad you could join us," Coin smiled calmly, ignoring our previous comments.

"What going to happen to her?" Johanna asked.

"She's going to stay where she is," Coin replied.

"Where's Finnick?" I asked.

"You're boyfriend's fine," she said rolling her eyes.

Rude.

"Don't have to be bitter because you've never had one love," Johanna smirked, setting me off giggling.

"Hmmm funny," Coin said, with a straight face, before turning to Plutarch and saying, "whatever she's doing we've conceived it. It was our plan all along."

"But it wasn't," I snapped back, "it's Katniss doing this, not you and not him."

"The public doesn't need to know that," she hissed at me, "Mr Heavensbee you're a game maker and I want everyone to know, whatever games she's playing, she's playing it for us."

"Shit you're worse than Snow," Johanna laughed.

"Soon Katniss will rebel against you," I added.

The look on Coin's face was unamused contrasting Plutarch's gleeful expression.

"That's why we helped her get on the craft didn't we Flaire?" Jo chuckled.

Oh shit. It's about to go down.

"You knew!?" Coin exclaimed.

I shrugged, "I wouldn't say I knew. I would just say I have a faint recollection of helping her get into the room undetected by anyone and anything."

The woman physically face palmed and groaned, "you let her go!"

"Believe me, she wasn't doing anything here," I replied.

"But playing your game of course," Johanna smiled, "so we set her off on a little trip, to make her own path."

Coin yelled in frustration, "you two are good for nothing and are messing up our rebellion. I'll turn them against you, the rebels, they kill you with their bare hands!"

"Really because I just recalled you calling our plan a success, saying I quote 'you couldn't have staged it better yourself'," Johanna replied.

"Oh and not the mention the fact that the rebels idolise the both of us for our skill in combat as well as the fact that we turned Snow's offer of prostitution down and had our families murdered in that process," I smiled.

"Oh and don't forget, Katniss is with us and we are with her," she added, "if the rebels rebel against us then they're rebelling against her. And you and I both know that's not going to happen."

I could hear Plutarch chuckling cause I got Boggs to break into a smile, much to Coin's annoyance, as we turned the leave she told us, "you two are hard work."

"We know," we simultaneously replied.

***
I love writing these arguments with Coin 🤣🤣🤣
Thanks for reading 💗💗💗