The Meeting

Haymitch stood outside the building a smile on his face. He looked surprisingly sober.

"Hello Princess," he smiled at me.

"Haymitch," I beamed back.

"Finnick, Miss Mason," he greeted the other two, "follow me."

We obeyed and followed him to a small room. Sat there was Plutarch Heavensbee the new game maker. Was he having a laugh? The biggest enemy next to Snow was here... No thanks!

"You're having a fucking laugh," I said,"Plutarch Heavensbee! What are you playing at Haymitch?"

"Calm down Flaire," Finnick said.

I flipped towards him, "calm down?"

"Let them explain," he said soothingly, "they might have a point."

"They might also have a gun," I shot back.

Plutarch gave a laugh, "fiery, I like it. But I don't think I could even use a gun if I had one Miss Lockshot."

"Of course you wouldn't," I said.

Johanna stood, hard faced, staring right into Haymitch's soul, "what do you have to say then?"

"We need to wait for the others," he said.

"Others!" I exclaimed.

"Are your peacekeeper friends coming as well," Johanna smirked.

Haymitch rolled his eyes ignoring her and Finnick gave her a nudge. She glared at him. Then the door slowly opened and I saw a glimpse of grey hair.

Stood there was Mags. The old woman wore a worn smile as she greeted Haymitch with no words just a loving hug. They had known each other for a while apparently. I'd never met the woman but she embraced me like I was her granddaughter. I already loved her.

"Haymitch we're.... Is that Plutarch Heavensbee?" came a voice belonging to a man. He looked around fifty and wore round glasses.

"Bee. Buzzing bee. Flying bee, bee makes honey," said a woman from behind him that looked around the same age.

"Who are they?" I asked.

"Wiress and Beetee," Haymitch explained, "district 3."

"Nuts and volts," Johanna chuckled.

"We're only waiting on the-" Haymitch began but as he did so two dead looking people walked in. They looked like walking corpses, no joke.

"The Morphlings, just in time," he smiled, "take a seat everyone."

Mags, Finnick, Beetee, Wiress and the morphlings took a seat but me and Johanna remained standing.

"Take a seat ladies," Haymitch said.

Johanna and I looked at each other.

"No," she replied.

Haymitch raised an eyebrow and looked at Plutarch, "these two are trouble and stubborn as you can get."

"I'll look forward to it," Plutarch smiled.

"I'll hand over to you now," he replied.

"You all know what Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark did in the 74th hunger games and how angry the Capitol is. Hence this quarter quell. But I am on your side. I secured the spot of game maker to make the rebellion happen. I am in close contact with Alma Coin, the director of our mission, in district 13-"

"District 13....that exists???" I questioned.

Plutarch nodded, "we've been readying supplies for a while. We are ready, even if it means war. Anyways, back to the plan. In the arena you have to protect Katniss and Peeta at all costs. Katniss won't do anything without Peeta. Some of you have to ally them. Haymitch will help influence that. They need to make it out. Katniss is the mockingjay, the face of the rebellion. We may be able to throw over the Capitol and Snow for good. We will guarantee to get you out of the arena as soon as Katniss and Peeta are safe."

"Why trust us?" I asked.

"You all hate Snow for one reason or another. One and two can't be trusted too close to the Capitol. You are all the most likely or are going into the quarter quell," Plutarch explained.

"What happens when you're picked?" I asked Haymitch.

"Peeta will volunteer," he said.

"And if Peeta is picked," Finnick asked.

"I have agreed to volunteer," he said, "but I can bet your bottom dollar Snow has rigged that bowl."

The room was silent.

"I'm in," Johanna said suddenly, "to overthrow president fucking Snow......absolutely."

"I'm in," Finnick said, "it'll be best."

"We're in," Beetee smiled indicating to him and Wiress,

"In, in, in," Wiress sung happily.

"So are we," the morphlings said in sync. Even their voices sounded dead.

Mags gave a big thumbs up and smiled a wide toothy grin. All faces turned to me.

"So, Miss Lockshot, what do you say?" Plutarch asked.

"I'm in," I said coldly, looking the old man up and down.

***

"Why don't you two come back with me?" Finnick asked.

"Remember what happened least time?" I said.

"I'm not going to date Finnick again!" Johanna laughed.

"No! Not that!" I yelled, "Snow..."

"He won't know," Finnick smiled, "he's planning the Quarter Quell right?"

"We need to be back to our Districts by Thursday for the Reaping," I said.

***
The evening was a dream. District 4 was the most tranquil environment I've ever been in. In the day anywhere because that night my eyes shot open and I became aware I was screaming.

'It was just a dream. It was just a dream. It was just a dream.'

I played those five words in my head over and over, breathing heavily.

"Flaire?" Finnick called both concerned and alarmed.

He himself didn't look to good either. Sweat plastered his hair to his head. His sea green eyes loosing light slowly but surely. And under those eyes were dark dark circles.

"Just a dream," I said slowly.

Finnick nodded sadly and approached my bed.

"I get them too," he whispered, touching my head.

I sighed relaxing as the coolness of his fingertips embraced my head.

"You feel hot," he murmured.

"You feel cold," I replied, sleepily.

He chuckled lightly.

"Will you stay with me?" I said quietly.

I watched his face soften as he said, "of course I will."

I moved over providing space for him and he carefully slipped into the bed and I laid my head on his heart. He began stroking my hair tentatively as I draw circles on his shirt with my fingertips.

"It's all going to be alright," he soothed, "I promise."

"I hope you're right," I murmured.

***
Finnick and Flaire ❤️❤️❤️
The plan is in place now....
What could go wrong?
Rosabella xx