The Plan

I anxiously awaited Johanna to awake or Peeta to come back. I didn't really fancy talking to Enobaria, which was fine by her because she wasn't even looking at me. I had the horrible feeling that what ever they had planed for Peeta it would be worse than mine and Johanna's punishment out together. He was the key for Katniss to break and the Capitol would do whatever they could to make that happen.

"Flaire?" Johanna croaked.

"Hey Jo," I murmured, "did you go in again?"

"It hurt me so much," she whispered.

"I know, but we'll get out of here soon," I replied.

"I wish you were right," she said.

Making us both jump was the Capitol's loud music blasting through the hologram that was presented to us outside out cells. Immediately we both moved forwards to get a closer look.

"Hello, good evening, and a big welcome to all in Panem," Caesar Flickerman's annoying voice said as I rolled my eyes, "I am Caesar Flickerman and whoever you are and whatever you are doing, if you are working put down your work, if you are having dinner stop having dinner..."

"I can't stop starving," Johanna joked.

"I hate him so much," I replied.

"Who doesn't?" She shrugged.

"...of what really happened in the quarter quell, so here to shed the light on the topic is a very special guest, please welcome..."

"They aren't going to broadcast him are they?" I asked.

"It's all for the mockingjay's attention," Johanna smirked.

"Mr Peeta Mellark," Caesar finished.

Peeta sat in a chair in what looked to be Snow's mansion. He was wearing a white suit and had more colour in his cheeks to when I had last saw him. There were minor bruises on his face but overall he didn't look incredibly harmed.

"So talk us through what happened that final and very controversial night," Caesar said.

"He knows nothing," Jo said, "he won't be able to tell anyone anything."

I nodded, keeping my eyes fixated on him, wondering what he'd give away.

"First of all, you have to understand, in the games, you only get one wish and it's very costly," Peeta said.

"It's costs your life?"

"I think it costs more than your life."

"How do you mean? What's more than your life?" Caesar asked.

"To murder innocent people, that costs everything that you are," Peeta replied, "so you hold onto that one wish and that night my wish was to save Katniss."

"He's pulling the right strings," Johanna whispered.

"For now," I murmured back.

"I should've just run off with her, earlier in the day like she wanted," he said.

"But you didn't! Why? Were you caught up in Beetee's plan?"

"No, no I was caught up trying to play allies," Peeta said, "they separated us and that's when I lost her. Then the lightning hit and the whole forcefield around the arena blew out."

"Yes, but Peeta, Katniss is the one who blew it out," Caesar explained, "you saw the footage."

"No, she didn't know what she was doing! Neither of us knew there was a bigger plan going on. We had no idea!"

"Well Peeta many find this suspicious to say the least. It seems as though she was part of a rebel plan."

"So you think it was part of her plan to be almost killed by Johanna?"

"I was saving her, you son of a bit-" Johanna began.

"He's helping us," I said, shutting her up.

"No we were not part of any rebel plan and we had no idea what was going on!" Peeta said.

"Alright, I believe you Peeta Mellark, thank you. Now I was going to ask you to speak about the unrest, but I think you may be too upset."

"No, no I can," he sighed, "I want everyone who is watching to stop and to think about what a civil war could mean. We almost went extinct once before and now our numbers are even fewer. Is this really what we want to do? Kill ourselves off? Killing is not the answer, everyone needs to lay down their weapons immediately. Or that's it, we're over."

"What the hell is he doing!?" Johanna yelled.

"I don't know but he better stop," I replied.

"Don't you see?" Enobaria laughed, "they're going to make him so unpopular the rebels will want to kill him."

"Shut it Vampire," Johanna shouted.

"She's right though," I murmured.

"I know," Jo replied.

"Are you calling a ceasefire?" Caesar asked.

"Yeah I am. I want everyone to stop this senseless violence. This is not the path of change, we need for justice."

"Well thank you, Peeta Mellark everyone," Caesar finished.

***
The door was opened. In came Peeta. The door was shut.

"What the hell was that!" Johanna yelled.

"I mean none of it and you know it," Peeta replied.

"You better," she bit back.

I shifted closer to Peeta's cell and he shifted closer to mine.

"You're alive," he murmured, "I thought they'd-"

"No, not yet," I breathed.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Horrible things," I replied, "they made me kill... a kid..."

"I'm sorry," Peeta said looking down.

"Did they make you say that?" I asked.

"Yeah most of it," he sighed, "thought it was worth it. If that reaches Katniss she knows I'm alive, she knows we all are and they'll come and get us."

"Let's keep hoping," I replied.

"Look, people talk in that mansion," he whispered, "and they thought I was asleep..."

"You heard something," I said, hope filling my body.

"They're going to attack 13. Bombs. They'll wipe out everyone there," Peeta murmured.

"Then we have to warn them," Johanna said.

"How?" Peeta asked.

"They're bound to put you on TV again," I explained.

"So the mockingjay can see her lover," Johanna scoffed

"Don't be like that," I muttered.

"Why?" She began.

"Because Katniss didn't ask for this," I replied softly, glancing at Peeta who sent a small smile my way.

"They aren't exactly going to let me warn anyone about that, are they?" he said.

"Slip it in, at the end," Jo shrugged.

"And she'll come to us?" Peeta asked.

"That's the plan, isn't it?" I replied.

"This is our only a way to get help and get out of here," Jo said, "if we don't take it we're stuck here."

Finnick. Oh my love. Come and find me.

***
The plan is in motion....
What could go wrong?