Chapter Forty-Eight

3.8.2023

A/N: smut and mentions of sh in this chapter.

"Rylie..." I try to speak past the tightness in my throat.

"Do you like it?" She asks nervously. "I feel like ferris wheels are our thing and I'd been wanting a matching tattoo with you basically since we met and I thought this would be perfect since..."

"I love it." I whisper.

"You do?" Rylie says softly. "You're not just saying that so you don't hurt my feelings?"

"No," I giggle. "I truly love it. Ferris wheels are our thing. What made you choose this spot?" I ask, suddenly curious.

"A few reasons." Riley smiles as she gently traces my tattoo. "I wanted our ring fingers for sure, and it obviously had to be the right hand since we already have wedding rings on the left. The right hand also seemed perfect since that's the arm we wear our bracelets on." She gestures to the matching bracelets she'd gotten us at the fair we went to while at camp. "It was even more perfect that we'd gone on the Ferris wheel the night I got these.

"You already know I absolutely love this necklace, and I knew it would be perfect as a tattoo. Oh, speaking of that night, that was the first time I held your hand. Not counting the times I held it 'as a friend'." She giggles. "It was your right hand."

"You remember which hand it was?" I whisper.

"I remember everything when it comes to you, my love." Rylie replies sweetly.

"Do you have any idea what that means to me? Or how much I love you?"

"I might have a little idea..." Rylie replies and I can't help but kiss her, enjoying the feel of the smile on her lips.

"Thank you for this." I finally say once we break apart. "I really do love it."

"I really hoped you would. I'm glad you trust me." Rylie laughs.

"It's really easy to trust you. I think you only have my best interest at heart."

"Oh definitely. Speaking of, I think the best thing for you right now would be to finish what we started earlier..."

"Mmm... I was hoping you'd say that." I reply as I take the necklace from her hand and carefully put it back around her neck. I trail my fingers down to her collarbone once the chain is secure, letting my lips follow behind. "Have I told you recently how soft your skin is, and how obsessed with it I am?"

"I don't think you have..." Rylie answers, and satisfaction flows through me as her voice quivers.

"In that case, I need to do better." I reply before lifting her shirt over her head. Next, I push her down onto her back and press my lips back to her skin, letting my mouth tell her how perfect she is.

My fingers travel along the edge of her lace bra for just a moment before slipping beneath, and I enjoy the way her back arches as she moans. I take my time with undressing Rylie, using my eyes, lips and words to make sure she knows how much I appreciate her body.

"You are absolutely perfect, Ry." I whisper as I take her in. "I'll never be able to tell you that enough."

Rylie responds by pulling me back towards her before kissing me softly. "I love you so much, Aspen." She whispers. I can hear the emotion in her voice, feel it in her touch, and see it in her eyes as they lock on mine.

The way Rylie makes me feel, both in moments like this and simple moments throughout just normal days, is a feeling like no other. Being able to feel her love for me made everything okay, even on the worst days.