Chapter 3 Part 8- The Knowing, and The Keeping

We wandered back over to the room, walking inside. I sighed, looking at the room around us. Almost every time I see it again... it gets worse. At this point, was it getting worse? I sighed, walking to the door and beginning to close it.

"Wait." Tengan said, putting her hand in between the door frame and the huge plank of wood.

"W- what is it?" I replied. She paused the door open, and stopped towards it. She got down on her knees, and inspected the lock.

"This lock traps people inside." She responded, pointing at it.

"How did you know that?" Naito asked.

"I used them at my business." Tengan replied, standing straight up.

"H- huh? Why?" I said in response.

"A lot of people I hire are working for competitors who want to steal different company secrets. Having them on confidential doors makes it impossible to open." She explained. "The only way to open this door is if someone on the outside opens it. There's no other way to get out."

"Well... I guess we shouldn't close that door huh?" Naito laughed nervously.

"I- I guess not..." I replied.

"Um, so, should we begin?" Naito asked.

"Sure." Tengan responded, taking some gloves and pulling them onto her hands, and placing some safety goggles on her face. I sighed, taking some of the equipment from the bag. I put on the goggles and the gloves, before putting on some knee pads.

The three of us worked for hours, picking every single piece of glass up out of the carpet. We cleaned the walls, making the the mold disappear. The room, after a lot of work, turned back to normal. Or, what I assumed was normal. Naito pulled a small step stool from the closet, and walked it over to the center of the room. She untwisted the old light, and placed in a new bulb.

"I think that's it for the cleaning!" Naito said, hopping down from the step stool and happily backing up, before putting her hands up as if she was taking a photo of the room. "Man! I wish I could take a picture of this place!"

"Can't you ask Yamazaki?" Tengan asked. Naito's face suddenly lit up, as if it was the best idea she'd ever heard.

"That's right! I almost forget we're ultimates some times." Naito explained, nervously laughing. "Hey, so do you guys want to help me decorate tomorrow?"

"I'm okay with that." Tengan replied. I paused for a moment.

"W- well, Kawata wanted to talk with me about s- something, so I'll have to see if I can f- first." I responded.

"Oh, okay Hirano. If you can't, that's alright. We can get someone else to help! Or we can just work on it ourselves." Naito replied, a smile on her face.

"Ladies!" Ressa yelled out, scaring Naito half to death. "Alright! I've got a new proposal for you!"

"Leave us alone." Tengan replied. Ressa chuckled a bit.

"Trust me! This is gonna be something you want." He said, laughing to himself. He pulled a small slip of paper from behind his back, almost as if it had appeared in his hand. He held it up in the air triumphantly.

"I- is that another coupon?" I asked. He chuckled a bit.

"Yep! But it's not the same as before!" He laughed. Enthusiastically, be put on a hat and pulled out a cane. "This coupon is very special! This coupon can be used at the class trial!" He laughed.

"Class trial?" Naito replied, a look of surprise plastered on her face.

"Yep! It's called the two for one!" He began. "The two for one coupon can be used to get out of any class trial unscathed as the killer! You automatically get to escape the execution and go home to your mommy and daddy!" He laughed.