Chapter 4 Part 3: Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones, But Words Can Truly Kill

Kawata and I stared at Araigu, who sat on the table, struggling to stand up. They took a deep breath, preparing to speak.

"Um, w- what do you want m- me to say?" Araigu began.

"Are you serious!? Hirano, come on, we have to get rid of it, they're just wasting time! And I'm not putting our lives on the line to protect a-" Kawata started.

"W- wait! I- I'm sorry! P- please just listen first!" Araigu called out. They took a deep breath in. "I- I'm not to sure how to get in and out of this place. U- us mascots are usually p- packed up and moved here b- before we are turned on. I- I do vaguely remember a garage... b- but I'm not to sure about that." Araigu paused for a moment. "I- I don't know exactly h- how you were all brought h- here, but I do know we're v- very close to Yuutsumi."

"Really?" I replied. Araigu nodded.

"I'm n- not to sure where th- though. R- Ressa is responsible for that info. I- I mostly just know layouts, th- the camera's, hotel functions, a- and do most of the r- research." Araigu said. Araigu paused for a moment, taking a small sigh. "A- and I also know how-" Suddenly, the monitors turned on.

"Hello everyone..." Ressa said, sounding very angry. "Please go outside to the fountains at your earliest convenience. Which means NOW. If you don't come now..." Ressa laughed to himself. "I'm going to rip you into pieces while you're still alive! And I don't think you'd want that... SO HURRY UP!!! YOU HAVE THREE MINUTES!!!" Ressa yelled, before the monitor shut off.

"Y- you guys have to go! I- it's n- not good to disobey Ressa w- when he's upset!" Araigu yelled out, racing to the door and opening it.

"Wait, I wanted to hear what you had to say-" Kawata began.

"Th- there's no time! I- I'll tell you when y- you get back!" Araigu called out, forcing us both out of the room before slamming the door shut. Kawata glared, before stuffing the key into his pocket.

"I don't trust that thing." Kawata said. I stared nervously, my eyes glancing at the entrance.

"W- well, we have to at least get something from them." I replied. Kawata sighed, beginning to walk towards the front doors.

"Yeah... I know... it's just..." Kawata paused. "What if this turns out badly?" I paused for a moment.

"W- well, I know you have what it takes to fix it!" I replied, smiling at Kawata. He laughed a bit.

"Yeah, whatever you say." He chuckled. I giggled in return. We arrived at the door, staring at it for a moment.

"Should... we tell everyone?" I asked. Kawata looked up to me, a serious look on his face.

"Not yet. If we tell everyone, there's a bigger chance that they'll slip up and get us caught. Let's keep it a secret for now." Kawata replied.

"Not tell us what?" Someone said, interrupting the conversation. Our eyes darted to see Yamazaki, glaring at the two of us with a skeptical look on his face. I immediately noticed that all the bandages had been removed. There were still small areas that looked painful, but they were mostly in the clear. Kawata's posture became defensive, his arm moving out in front of me and turning his body towards him.

"Why don't you mind your business!? This doesn't have anything to do with you! So why don't you stop eavesdropping and leave us alone!" Kawata yelled back. Yamazaki rolled his eyes.

"It's kind of hard to do that when you're blocking the door to where I need to go..." Yamazaki glared as if he were proving a point. "... Kawata..." Kawata glared back, and slowly opened the door for him. Yamazaki shoved past him, almost throwing Kawata to the floor. I grabbed onto Kawata's shoulder, making sure he didn't fall. But, he didn't seem to notice. He immediately stood back up, glaring at Yamazaki and walking out of the hotel with an angry stride.