Chapter 5 Part 12: The Good, The Bad, And The Blackened

"Heelllllllllllllllllloooooooooo everyone! Wowie! Look at that! You are all sleeping so soundly... how cute! You think you're allowed to be well rested? WELL GUESS WHAT!!! I PICK THE RULES!!! NO SLEEPING UNTIL NIGHT TIME, AND RIGHT NOW IT'S DAYTIME!!! SO GET UP IDIOTS!!! We've got LOTS of fun to do today!!!" Ressa said on the monitor, before it shut off.

I picked up my half broken glasses and placed them on my face. Maybe it was hard to see out of just one eye, but not being able to see out of either was way worse. For now, it will have to do. I have to get out of my room before Kawata takes roll call. Suddenly, a light bulb went off in my head hitting me like a ton of bricks. If Kawata is taking roll call, then I'll know he's okay!

I quickly got up, changing into some new clothes at what seemed to be the speed of light, before swiftly exiting the room. For once, I seemed to be the first person to leave their room. I stood in the area where I assumed my part in the line was. After a moment, Arima left his room and stood next to me.

"Hey Hirano!" Arima said, a bright smile on his face. I blinked rapidly, looking him up and down. He had his hoodie tied around his waist, and his skin was filled with color. Something just seemed... different.

"... is everything okay?" I asked, unable to wrap my head around what I was seeing. Arima seemed to be shaking with excitement, putting his hands together, cheerily bending his knees up and down as if her was going to jump, but stopped himself.

"Y- yeah! I've just been thinking about what you and Otani said the other day. I CAN'T believe it!" Arima said, acting like a giddy girl talking about her latest crush. I smiled, folding my arms slightly.

"That's good. Let's... just try and be calm, okay? We've got to get through this together. But we won't get the chance to if, well..." I stopped speaking, motioning my head towards the camera on the wall. Arima's eyes went wide, as he scratched the back of his neck.

"O- oh, y- yeah. Sorry. Just a bit... hopeful?" He said, not sure if he even believed himself.

"Well look at who's alive! Thought you were dead for sure!" Sugai said as he stepped out of his room.

"Huh? W- why would you think that?" Arima replied. Sugai motioned a knife to his chest, sticking out a tongue and tilting his head to the side.

"When you're dead, you can't show up to roll call. Simple as pie!" Sugai muttered sloppily, before fixing himself back up. "Man... now I'm hungry for some pie! I bet if I whine enough, Otani will make some for me!" Sugai chuckled to himself.

"If you whine at all, I'll kill you. I'm not dealing with your bullshit today." Yamazaki said, walking out of his room into the hallway. I felt my hands turn into fists, as I stared at him. A single sweat drop formed on the side of my face.

"Are you STUPID Yamazaki? You can't kill me! No weapons, DUH!!!" He pointed a finger gun at his own head, motioning a shot as he stuck out his tongue. "I thought you were supposed to be smart, snowman! Unless you're admitting that you've been hiding some weapons..."

"Snowman?" Arima said, staring at Sugai. Sugai made a pouty face as he folded his arms.

"Because he has a scarf and gloves! Get on the same page Arima! Jeez! I'm SURROUNDED by IDIOTS!!!" He complained, face palming.

"I don't have any weapons, and even if I did, I wouldn't need weapons to kill you." Yamazaki said, arms crossed as he avoided eye contact. That was a blatant lie. He took Kawata's taser yesterday. And I'm... the only one who knows. Arima knows that Kawata doesn't have his taser, but for some reason, I neglected to tell him Yamazaki had taken it.

"Hello everyone!" Otani said, walking down the hallway. Imamura followed behind him, trying to avoid looking at Yamazaki. She seemed a little pissed off, but holding herself together. "Is everyone ready to meet in the library at nine?"