Prologue 5: The Snapped String of Trust

Before I could, Yamazaki stood up and walked away. What was his problem? He just seemed so... out of it. Was he okay?

Yamazaki Kazuki is a famous photographer who's face has never been shown to the public. His pictures have been absolutely astounding, with many people thinking that he photoshopped them. He's been hired for many jobs, such ad wedding photographer, landscaper, and many others. I just never expected the Ultimate Photographer to be so... rude.

I stood up, and began walking back to the building. But for some reason, it felt sort of sinister. I tried to comfort myself. Tell myself that nothing was wrong. But I could feel it. The horrible feeling that something was going to happen.

"Hey, you okay?" Kawata asked, walking right beside me.

"Um, y- yeah, it just feels kind of eerie, you know?" I said. He nodded.

"That makes sense. But it's gonna be okay." He replied, placing a hand on my shoulder. I smiled at him slightly. "Hey, I have a question. There's this one guy, he was sitting by the pond. He wouldn't tell me who he was. Did you get his name by chance?"

"U- um, that's Yamazaki K- Kazuki, the Ultimate Photographer. He d- didn't tell me either, but the o- only Ultimate from our cl- class was him so, I kind of j- just assumed." I explained. He nodded.

"That's really smart of you!" He said, a bright smile on his face. I returned with a small grin.

"Really?" I replied. He lightly punched my shoulder.

"Yeah! Of course it is!" He laughed. "Let's go inside. Ressa is probably going to show us around, you know?" He said. I opened the door, and let him go inside in front of me. A couple of other people also walked inside while I had it open. Once everyone had entered, I stepped inside and stood with the others.

"Can the stupid red panda show up already? I'm getting tired of waiting." Miyazaki said.

"W- we just got into the room..." Furuya replied.

"I mean, it would be better if the panda did show up quickly! I've got some stuff I need to do, heh heh heh!" Sugai exclaimed. "Ow!"

"Shush. You're bring a nuisance again." Kajiwara responded.

"Alright, let's begin!" Ressa said. He jumped up from behind the fountain, before landing in front of us all. "Okay everyone! I am your tour guide now, so let's all begin the-"

"W- wait!" A small voice yelled from the crowd. Everyone looked around at each other, but no one really seemed to understand where the voice was coming from. I looked up to the balcony, seeing something small standing on it. It stood there on the railing for a moment, before slowly trying to get down. But suddenly, it fell to the floor, making a weird splat sound as it did. "O- ow..." the stuffed animal said as it stood up.

"Great, now there's another one!" Imamura complained. The stuffed animal patted the top of its head sadly.

"H- hey... that's not really nice to say..." it said.

"W- what animal is this one?" Furuya asked. The teddy bear fixed their posture, before bowing.

"I- I'm a raccoon, thank you for a- asking." The teddy bear said. "Um, and my name is Araigu, so if y- you could please not call me s- stuffed animal or 'another one'." They said.

"So why'd you interrupt Ressa just now? Did somethin' happen?" Morita asked. The stuffed animal stood there for a moment.

"Well, um, we're gonna be changing some things around here..." Araigu said. Everyone looked at each other, as the stuffed animal stood nervously. "So, um, you're all going be trapped here."