Chapter 4 Part 16-Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones, But Words Can Truly Kill

It had only been a passing thought... but now it was just stuck in my head now. I couldn't think of anything else. And it was messing with my head. I took a deep breath. I had to trust my gut.

"... Kajiwara?" I said.

"Yes?" He replied.

"Was... it you? A- are... you the killer?" I asked. Kajiwara stared at me silently.

"Yes! He's the killer!" Sugai laughed.

"If... you were in the hospital... why didn't you show up at Taguchi's room after the gun was fired?" I continued. Kajiwara remained silent.

"Aren't the rooms soundproof?" Otani asked.

"Yes, the rooms are soundproof! It would be so sad if someone screamed and caused the killer to be caught!" Ressa laughed.

"If the r- rooms are soundproof, th- then there's no way that Kajiwara c- could've heard the gunshot..." Arima replied.

"Right! And this is just really stupid! Didn't we already discuss this at the start of the trial? Kajiwara had Taguchi's target card, soooooooooooo he can't be the culprit!" Sugai laughed.

"... I don't know how that would've worked, unless Ressa deliberately lied to us... but even if he wasn't, it doesn't excuse the holes in this story..." I said.

"Alright, I'll admit it!" Sugai chuckled. "I've committed the ultimate sin!" He said, barely holding in his chuckles. "I... I... LIED!!!" He announced.

"... what?" Yamazaki groaned, glaring at Sugai.

"Yes! I know! It's so sad! I lied to you all! Kajiwara never was the killer! I just told you all that because I knew that Kajiwara would want a turn to finally be the killer!" Sugai laughed. "Truth is, I'm the killer!"

"So fucking annoying..." Yamazaki mumbled.

"Kajiwara cannot be related to this case because the soundproofing in the room would've made it impossible to hear a gunshot! So, there's no way he would've heard it!" Sugai laughed,

"No, he definitely would've heard the gunshot." I replied.

"Oh yeah? What evidence do you have of it huh? NONE!!! Idiot!" Sugai laughed.

What evidence proves that Kajiwara would've heard the gunshot?

1. Blood Trail
2. Metal Cabinet
3. Bottle of Poison
4. Burnt Hole

"Taguchi had a trail of blood leading to outside of the door. And we know that the door was open because the metal cabinet couldn't have been pushed down beforehand. It's to heavy for that." I replied.

"Well duh, we know that Imamura and Taguchi were working together during this time stupid! So she could've just set it up to look like Taguchi was shot outside of the door!" Sugai said.

"No, that cannot be the case." Kajiwara cut in. Sugai glared at him.

"tHaT cAnNoT bE tHe CaSe." Sugai repeated in a mocking tone. Sugai started to whisper from across the room. "I'm trying to prove you're not the killer stupid. What are you doing?"

"I cannot say for certain if Imamura was awake during the night, but I can absolutely say that there's no way that she could've changed anything about the crime scene." Kajiwara replied.

Why couldn't Imamura change the crime scene?

1. She's a bitch
2. She's not very strong
3. She would've changed positions
4. She was paralyzed from the waist down