Chapter 1 Part 3- Roped Up in a Killing Game

Shortly after, everyone returned to their rooms. There wasn't much I could say to everyone after Taguchi's disturbing remark. Someone is already planning to murder? How would he know that? Did he see someone? Was he trying to get us all to distrust each other? Or is he the one planning to kill?

I looked at the time. I could probably talk to someone tomorrow. For now, I wanted to take a nap. It would be good for me to get some rest after that situation that happened in the singing hall.

I got into bed, not bothering to change into my pajamas, and began to doze off. Part of me wanted to stay awake. Maybe I could protect myself from being killed. I might be the potential target. But, before I could act on it, I dozed off into a deep slumber.

-

Slowly, I awoke to a pounding on my door. I paused, sitting up in bed. A fear came over me, as I pulled on my socks and shoes. Slowly, I approached, trying to keep myself calm. But as I kept taking steps, the feeling kept getting even more fearful than before. Finally, I reached the door, making sure the chain lock was on, and slowly opened it up.

I made eye contact with someone. It was Kawata, a small, nervous smile on his face. He seemed a little bit disturbed, but tried to act like everything was okay. His fear suddenly landed on me, with me suddenly feeling a but terrified.

"Hey Hirano." He said. I stared at him for a moment.

"U- um, hi Kawata..." I replied. He paused, looking down at both ends of the hallway.

"Um, hey, so I have a favor I need to ask of you." He said. I stared at him. This was suspicious, and the feeling only grew wider when he handed me a piece of paper. "Just, read it really quickly." I stared at him for a moment, before looking down at the paper.

Kawata Satoru, there's something I would like to discuss with you. Meet me in the office room at 6:00 PM.

I looked at him. He had a slight smile on his face, sadly trying to communicate something. I paused, before nodding. This might be some sort of trap, and he needs my help. I unlocked the door, stepping out into the hallway. His smile became more calm, and he started walking.

Slowly, I followed him. I started to have second thoughts as we walked over to the door. What if this was a trap for me? I haven't seen how he writes!

He walked into the room. I stood outside of the door, as he waited in the middle of the room. He seemed to look around a bit, before turning around to me. He smiled at me softly. Despite my fear, I walked into the room.

I kept myself closer to the door, giving me the slightest chance to protect myself if he tried to attack. My heart was racing a million miles an hour, as I tried to focus on Kawata. But my mind kept looking all around him, trying to see where he could be hiding a weapon. He leaned up against the table, my mind racing. Was this it? Was he trying to lure me into a false sense of security?

I hadn't even realized it, but I was shaking. I couldn't help but be absolutely horrified. I didn't want to die. It would be a meaningless death. Kawata could easily kill me right now, and get away with it, and no one would know. My breaths became shorter, as the horrifying situation settled in even more. I heard something creaking. What was creaking!? Was it my brain fighting with me to get out of here!? Was I going insane!?

"Hey, Hirano, are you okay?" He asked. Suddenly, the creaking stopped. I stared at him for a moment, now realizing that I was completely pale. He gave a nervous smile, before walking up to me, placing a single hand on my shoulder. "It's gonna be okay. We'll talk to the person, and then we'll get out. And if they try anything, I'll make sure that you're safe." I stared at him for a moment, realizing that I hadn't been breathing that entire time. I finally took a breath after the long silence.